Old 04-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default SCR or SE

Hi, Complete newbie here, hi to all in the forum, in the process of buying my first boat, looks like its going to be a 2700SE but i am doing my research and have so many questions, guess this will be my first one, whats the difference with the SE and the SCR apart from price that is and is there anywhere to get information on 2700 to 3100 SE & SCR models so i can research further before commiting, thanks

gentlemanglobetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
Admiral

welcome too the zoo....what yr are you looking at???...I used to have the 2700 SCR ...great boat....great performance and a wonderful boat...we took ours up into canada several times in the past 5 yrs....hated to trade it in but we needed a bigger one...for options and all...you can go into the

http://www.maxumboats.com/showroom.asp

search the site and you will find all models..catalogs etc....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
welcome too the zoo....what yr are you looking at???...I used to have the 2700 SCR ...great boat....great performance and a wonderful boat...we took ours up into canada several times in the past 5 yrs....hated to trade it in but we needed a bigger one...for options and all...you can go into the

http://www.maxumboats.com/showroom.asp

search the site and you will find all models..catalogs etc....

SP
Cheers mate i knew i have come to the right place, still not sure of theyear have a top budget of £62500 which might just sneak me a 2007 model but just as happy to spend £35-40k on a 2003 model, just need to learn a bit more about them

1 question though whats the difference between a SCR and a SE model?

Cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
Admiral

just a name really and option package.....the SCR is pretty loaded and the SE is basic I think..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

Welcome are you after a diesel or petrol?I think the se models are the newer versions with a differant trim and layout,in saying that i have a 1999 2800scr which was re badged a 2900se in 2002 it is the same boat and layout but differant materials used inside,(its for sale by the way at york marina) If you go on the maxum site and have a look at the catalogues then google the other models you are trying to compare against,
good luck

ash
Old 04-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
just a name really and option package.....the SCR is pretty loaded and the SE is basic I think..

SP
Cheers, think your right SCR seem to be more expensive and hold their price so guessing the are loaded with goodies
Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zt260
Welcome are you after a diesel or petrol?I think the se models are the newer versions with a differant trim and layout,in saying that i have a 1999 2800scr which was re badged a 2900se in 2002 it is the same boat and layout but differant materials used inside,(its for sale by the way at york marina) If you go on the maxum site and have a look at the catalogues then google the other models you are trying to compare against,
good luck

ash
Thanks Zt and i like the wee sales pitch as well, trying to get something local first, might travel for the right price
Old 04-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Lieutenant

I can speak somewhat authoritatively with respect to the 2700 SCR vs. SE because, when I bought my 2003 2700 SCR, I noticed that some 2003's were SE's, which led me to research the subject.

Maxum switched the 2700's designation from SCR to SE in early-mid 2003. They are the same boat with the exception of the dash board and interior fabrics. The SCR had a tan and woodgrain dash and tan vinyl seating in the cabin, whereas the the SE had a gray and metallic looking dash and gray fabric seating in the cabin.

Other than those two things I belive the SE and SCR were exactly the same.

At some point, I think around 2007, Maxum totally redesigned the 2700 SE. It is now a completely different boat, and much smaller due to an 8'6 beam.
Ticamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Default Big Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticamo
I can speak somewhat authoritatively with respect to the 2700 SCR vs. SE because, when I bought my 2003 2700 SCR, I noticed that some 2003's were SE's, which led me to research the subject.

Maxum switched the 2700's designation from SCR to SE in early-mid 2003. They are the same boat with the exception of the dash board and interior fabrics. The SCR had a tan and woodgrain dash and tan vinyl seating in the cabin, whereas the the SE had a gray and metallic looking dash and gray fabric seating in the cabin.

Other than those two things I belive the SE and SCR were exactly the same.

At some point, I think around 2007, Maxum totally redesigned the 2700 SE. It is now a completely different boat, and much smaller due to an 8'6 beam.
Thanks for that looking at SE & SCR's online you can see the difference in the dash and fabrics, the SE i was after has gone so of to see a 2003 SCR on Friday so fingers crossed, thanks again
Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #10
JD
Lt. JG

First off hello to everyone after a long winter. I own an 03 2700SCR and my cousin owns an 06 2700SE. We have compared them side by side and they are they same boat. The difference is in the fabrics, color scheme and of course price. I think my 03 looks better because of the vinyl interior and color scheme. The only complaint I have with the boat is that the aft bed door could be much bigger. Other than that I love this boat.

Good luck
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
Lieutenant

I agree that the SCR vinyl interior fabric is nicer than the SE fabric. In fact, when manufacturers want to lower costs I think switching fabrics is one of the first things they do. I also like the tan vs gray of the SE. I do like the SE metallic dash, however.

BTW, Maxum's website has archived models so you can compare the specs from any Maxum over different years.

Ticamo is offline   Reply With Quote