Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2021, 04:53 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Round AC/Heater vent replacements?

I have a 3300. According to Mermaid (the AC/heater maker) - vents are 6 inches - and a few others are smaller. I bought a generic 6 inch round replacement (which I planned to paint) - but it didn't fit. Seemed real close. One of these (5-6 inch?) vent covers is highly visible in my boat, and the fins were 70% broken and the whole thing had turned yellow. But yay, in my forward bow/bunk to the side (not easily seen), there was another of the exact size - still yellowish, but no broken fins - I swapped them for aesthetics - then when trying to adjust, broke two fins. Completely brittle. Anyone replaced these things with a drop-in replacement?

BTW - Mermaid says a "6 inch" supply must be within a few feet of the return - mine is under my dinette blowing towards stern. Strangely, many pics of 3300 show no such supply duct vent here...

For those who come ahead, mine were taped in with actual shiny reflective silver "duct" tape - I happened to have some. I had to cut/peel it off to remove, then used the tape to seal the seams back up. Super sticky stuff. Unfortunately for me - this vent cover swap didn't work out as noted. It's a simple job - if I could just find something that fits! Yeah, it would be "easy" to hit Home Depot and just find something close, grab a sawsall, adjust hole size, etc. It would be WAY easier if I could just find a drop in though...

denemante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 04:46 AM   #2
Lt. JG

Come on folks, I'm counting on you! I'm certain you're not all running with the original vents, which would be yellowed and brittle by now

Old 08-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Captain

Try etrailer.com or other RV supply much better selection than big box or marine supply.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Not much help on this one ... my vents are black and are still in good shape. I have a Marine AIRRRRRR not a Mermaid system in my 3300. Most of what I see on line for these are 5.5" faces, made for 4" ducting. Nearly all are made by Valterra. Here's their product page ...

https://www.valterra.com/product-cat...d-ac-register/

perhaps something here would work?
Old 09-17-2021, 05:15 AM   #5
Lt. JG

Thanks all - so as an update for those who come next - as noted by others, eTrailer.com had direct replacements, exact to the original. I also realized that RV dealers have many things used in the cruiser/boats, since inside they are effectively RVs.