Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Rev counter and speedo playing up

Took the 1750 out for a quick spin this evening and both are playing up. Speedo tends to register about 20 mph when i think im going quicker, the rev counter moves from time to time, a tap on the dial and it drops down to 2k rpm when im on tickover

Another thing i noticed that i didnt feel last time out was a type of vibration. While up on the plain i thought i would max it out for a few seconds to see what it can do, the rev note went up but the speed didnt change and to be honest i cant really describe what i felt or heard. The leg was fully trimmed down, half a tank of fuel and me and one other adult in the boat.

it felt a little like my old inflatable with a 4.5hp merc outboard, if i trimmed it up it would over rev and create air pockets? around the prop and lose drive.

Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #2

For the Speedo, try checking it against a GPS. Even a handheld GPS should be very accurate. For the Tach., mine sticks as well. Maxum used Faria guages, which has a lifetime limited warranty. You can send it back and for a few bucks they will repair or replace it for you. As for the vibration. Just to confirm, you were at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) with the drive all the way 'in' (Down)? I would trim the drive out (up) a few ticks and see if that improves anything.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
For the Speedo, try checking it against a GPS. Even a handheld GPS should be very accurate. For the Tach., mine sticks as well. Maxum used Faria guages, which has a lifetime limited warranty. You can send it back and for a few bucks they will repair or replace it for you. As for the vibration. Just to confirm, you were at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) with the drive all the way 'in' (Down)? I would trim the drive out (up) a few ticks and see if that improves anything.
Someone did tell me today to bring the leg up a couple of notches, will give it a try this weekend. I was at WOT and fully down yes. Ill email faria as im in the UK and see what responce i get.
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote