Old 03-21-2022, 02:43 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Radio Swap (1900 SR) – HELP!

I want to swap my radio but have no clue how to do it. There is cover that protect the radio that I can't get loose to get the radio out.

Furthermore, I want to replace the speakers but does anyone know what size would fit (factory size)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Radio.jpg  

MikeDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #2

Speakers:
1) Remove the speaker
2) Measure the rough-cut opening.
3) Find any exterior or marine speaker that will fit that rough-cut opening.

Stereo:

If it can't be undone from the front, then it it needs to be undone from behind.
If you can't access it from behind through the bottom of the helm, that helm portion might need to be removed.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 02:47 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

You should be able to remove the radio first from its sleeve, then the sleeve from the boat's plastic mount (the plastic surround which includes the flip-up cover)First use the appropriate radio removal key. Amazon has them. Look up one for your brand radio. Here's a set that covers many OEM and aftermarket brands:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RLSD7WG...D1TXPK2B9V1ZE8
The keys slide in the left and right side around between the radio's chassis and its sleeve; the keys usually activate or depress little hooks to release the radio from its sleeve so you can slide it out toward the front. The sleeve is a thin sheet metal box about 1/2 the depth of the radio that is mounted to the plastic boat surround using little tabs that bend in. Your new radio will come with its own sleeve. Check behind the radio as there may also be a thin metal mounting strap tying the rear of the radio to a hard point behind the dash. Here's a decent video showing how a DIN sized radio and sleeve typically works: