Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Commander

Default Picnic on the boat

Thought I'd try and spark some discussion on some ideas for a Picnic on the boat. Has to be a cold menu, as I do not have a stove or microwave on my boat (92 Maxum 2100SC). Looking for a romantic meal for 2!

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

If your over 25 go with wine..........under 25 wine coolers.............don't worry about food that just ruins it.

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Commander

LOL Well I am 56 so wine it is... Hahahaha
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

In all seriousness, some of my dock mates are some real foodies. For us we have a grill and a kitchen so it's all steak and chicken for us but they do some really fun stuff.

Try a traditional greek salad with the cheese and tomatoes...

They also do a great ceasar with chicken that can all be cold. You can pack the pieces seperately in a cooler and bring a fun bowl and make it in front of her.

I've also seen some sushi pulled off or cocktail shrimp naturally in fancy glasses. (if your a seafood person)

If your from down south cold fried chicken is sexy to some

The most important piece of all of this is if anybody forwards this crap to my wife I'll hunt you down like the dog you are...........I've worked for 10 years to make her think I'm incapable of having these thoughts.

If all else fails body shots and whipped cream is a good fallback.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Commander

Too funny. I promise I won't tell her. the traditional Greek salad with the cheese and tomatoes sounds yummy with a nice crusty roll, w/butter and wine of course. Strawberries dipped in chocolate is always a big hit. Just a side note I have cooked on a Engine, I did some fish wrapped in tin foil and all seasoned up. turned out really good. Only took 20 min to cook if I remember right!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Admiral

Thumbs up

the traditional "blow boaters special..." might be the way to go...strawberries and champagne.....but start out with fried chicken and mashed taters....no..wait.....the salad thingy above and THEN the strawberries and champagne...and chocolate!!...yeah....way to a womans heart is definitely chocolate....

don't forget to use those fancy glasses (plastic of course) and hold your pinky out...

soft tunes on the radio....then under the sleeping bag!!!

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

The old saying......a picture is worth a thousand words......went out for an evening snack on our 38th anniversary.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1258.jpg  
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
Commander

Ok lets see... gotta have the check list:
- Find the perfect Anchorage
- set the mood with soft tunes on the radio, think a little Barry White might do
- cocktail shrimp in fancy glasses
- greek salad with the cheese and tomatoes
- Nice Red wine
- strawberries Dipped in Chocolate and champagne with the fancy glasses (plastic of course
- then Desert (Hey....I am keeping it "G" rated LOL)
- followed by body shots and whipped cream
Check and Check Sounds like a Great night to me! Now I just need that Moon to Cooperate
Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Lt. Commander

Best of luck to you!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

IMHO - If you've already had "desert" then screw the body shots and whipped cream. I hate that crap - just like where it goes!!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
Commander

Brian, that looks like a feast fit for a King!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ball View Post
Ok lets see... gotta have the check list:
- Find the perfect Anchorage
- set the mood with soft tunes on the radio, think a little Barry White might do
- cocktail shrimp in fancy glasses
- greek salad with the cheese and tomatoes
- Nice Red wine
- strawberries Dipped in Chocolate and champagne with the fancy glasses (plastic of course
- then Desert (Hey....I am keeping it "G" rated LOL)
- followed by body shots and whipped cream
Check and Check Sounds like a Great night to me! Now I just need that Moon to Cooperate
Ya know, if you shuffle the order above just a bit you might be able to whittle the list down considerably. Key, of course, is convincing her to start drinking BEFORE leaving the house. If possible, then.....

Cheap red wine in a box
Boat never leaves the marina
Whatever station comes up with you turn the radio on
Strawberries, squirted with Hershey's chocolate sauce (right from the boat safe plastic bottle. HINT: play up the safety aspect if faced with the stink eye) washed down with whatever champagne the Piggly-Wiggly had on sale. Really, I mean, just not going to notice at that point.
Body shots and whipped cream - which will likely lead to desert.

Annnnnnnd, between the wine, champagne, and shots, you're likely done, if not toasted. You've cut the list from 8 to 4. Talk about efficient!!

In the event she catches on to....let's just call it "The Plan", you can always introduce the rest of the list. To wit:

Fiddle with the radio, but give up in mock frustration and resort to listening for "Radio Checks" on the VHF.
Shrimp, right out of the package, possibly dipped in an open (glass of course - to lend that "up-scale" feel) jar of cocktail sauce,
Salad - tossed right in the bag it came in and eaten out of the same.
Flashlight, with lens covered by a couple of tissues held in place with little rubber bands, and suspended from the bimini or, better, the VHF antenna, for the "Moon Mood".

She'll TOTALLY be ready for your A game by then.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
Lt. Commander

Now your talking "SS". I'm going to have that post laminated and put in my wallet.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
Commander

OMG.... LMAO. Too Funny Are you sure your not from here.... (St Mary's County, MD) Hahahahaha .... Believe it or not I did think of a few things you said. The Best is "Flashlight, with lens covered by a couple of tissues held in place with little rubber bands, and suspended from the bimini or, better, the VHF antenna, for the "Moon Mood"" That has me rolling on the floor, talk about being creative! Awesome !
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #15

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time.

Coolers keep hot foods hot too. I find the key is, to preheat the cooler first. I also find, that similar to how ice keeps the cold things cold, finding a way to keep hot things hot helps a bunch. The easist trick I've found is to take a few good sized stones and heat them in the oven, then lay a think wad a newspaper in the bottom of the cooler and wrap the stones liberally in newspaper, then place them in the cooler too. The trick is to keep the stones from melting the plastic on the walls of the cooler. (this does not work with styrofoam coolers). also make sure you insulate the space between the stones and the walls of the cooler.

Now you can place whatever hot food you want in there and it should stay warm for a good amount of time. Obviously the food you choose will need to travel well. Things that I like which are cold:

cheese, crackers and fruit
antipasto
breaded chicken tenders (these go great on a salad or dipping either warm or cold)
greek salad
greek pasta salad (or any potato or past salad for that matter)
any deli meat with nice rolls or wraps(ciabatta for instance)
hummus and cut pieces of wraps
cold vegetables (broccoli, sliced peppers, cherry tomatos, cucumbers, baby carrots) and dip

Just a few thoughts.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
Admiral

careful when you bump Pee Pee's......but have fun!!!

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
Admiral

If you can get a tight enough seal in her belly button with the Ready Whip nozzle, and give it a good blast, whip cream will shoot out from the sides - kinda like what happens if you try to hold your thumb over the end of a hose with the water on. It is amusing - for at least one of you.

Nearly anyone who is married would agree - it takes effort to keep it going and the ideas are some of the ways I've kept mine going 3 whole months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ball View Post
Are you sure your not from here.... (St Mary's County, MD)
Actually 9B, we keep our 2400 SC3 up river from you on the Va side, at a marina in Woodbridge. If you two ever plan a trip up river do let me know. We can trade romance ideas and get the spouses' buy off right then and there.

Dan
Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #18
Commander

The wiped cream is always fun but Actually I was thinkin body paint this time just for something different, LOL midnight swim to wash it off is a plus too!

SS, I just got this boat and still have a few things to do to it, its been "used hard and put away wet" and needs some TLC. But we are having a Blast with it. best 1000 bucks I've spent in a long time. Maybe sometime next month! Getting our spouses' together and having them talk romance ideas.... could get you and me in trouble! Hahahaha
Old 07-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Admiral

I hear ya 9B. We purchased ours about 3 years ago as completely green boaters and it's been a hoot learning and messing about with it. This is our 2nd season on the Potomac and most our our outtings are consumed by taking friends and family out and showing them around. The farthest South we've been is Colonial Beach and that was basically a lunch run with another couple.

Regarding the list above - I respectfully suggest that the "Man Code" be invoked. Let it be known, however, that if you can find the key to coving your spouse in body paint I will pay dearly for a copy of that key.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
Commander

Gladly ... I think Vodka and Cranberry will have a lot to do with it!!!! LOL