Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Part Needed for 94 Maxum 1800SR

Click image for larger version

Name:	11392-1-lg.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2066I am in really desperate need of this part and cannot seem to find it anywhere. Please HELP...

I have a 1994 Maxum 1800SR and while boating or trailering the boat over the weekend I have discovered I lost 1 of the " Plastic Boat Back Seat Tray" I am almost 100% sure this is what this part is.
I purchased 2 of them from greatlakesskipper only to find out it is not exactly what I need, it is very simmilar but not identical as the lenght/width etc seems to fine but the lip around the piece is very much smaller than the origianal. From what I can read about, this part is used for turning the back of the boat into a sun deck. The back seat slides into this tray and supports the one edge of the seat, and the other edge rests on the engine cover.

If anyone could please direct me on where I could purchase at least 1 of them, that would be awesome, or if anyone has one that they could get rid of I would be willing to pay for it.

I have attached a picture of what it looks like and the one I bought but as I said this is not 100% the same as the one on the other side. I do have one that I could show someone if they want to see what the origianal looks like.

PLEASE HELP MAXUM OWNERS.

dymd3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
Commander

Hmmm, don't seem to list that part at all in th parts catalog on http://maxumcustomercare.com
I looked at 93, 94 and 95 with no luck. My 96 2100SR catalog shows it though, I wonder if it is the same.
For mine it shows as "Jumpseat Slot, Dream White" with a part # of 61653. Now according to the US Marine 2002 part number cross reference, 61653 was superceded to 1703499. So maybe you can search for that to see if it is what you need? Also may want to lookup parts catalog for 94 Bayliner models too as many of these parts are similar as they used the same jump seat setup.

mcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Ensign

Thank You very very much, this info is very helpful. I will look around and see what I can find. Please sir, if you come across one or can find one, please let me know. this is such an eye sore and makes me sick because I take very good care of my boat and do not understand how I lost this piece. I have searched this Internet for 3 days now with no luck, maybe this info you just provided me with I can find something.
Again. Thank You very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
Hmmm, don't seem to list that part at all in th parts catalog on http://maxumcustomercare.com
I looked at 93, 94 and 95 with no luck. My 96 2100SR catalog shows it though, I wonder if it is the same.
For mine it shows as "Jumpseat Slot, Dream White" with a part # of 61653. Now according to the US Marine 2002 part number cross reference, 61653 was superceded to 1703499. So maybe you can search for that to see if it is what you need? Also may want to lookup parts catalog for 94 Bayliner models too as many of these parts are similar as they used the same jump seat setup.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
Admiral

ok...now that you have the part no...get the HIN number off your hull....the call..425-885-2628 and ask for Jim Mcgarrity...he's the parts manager and can find that part and have it dropped shipped too you...

let us know how it goes

and welcome to the zoo...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Ensign

Thank You as I have had no luck what so ever in locating this part on the net! Any chance that it is not even made anymore and having to settle with some type of after market as pictured? This after market piece looks extremely bad!

Thanks for the info seapuppy, I will follow up once I find something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
ok...now that you have the part no...get the HIN number off your hull....the call..425-885-2628 and ask for Jim Mcgarrity...he's the parts manager and can find that part and have it dropped shipped too you...

let us know how it goes

and welcome to the zoo...

SP
Old 06-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #6

Did you call a Searay or Bayliner dealer with the part number? Did you call the number provided and discuss the issue? How did it go?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Ensign

Called my local boat dealer and they got the part drop shipped to me.. Cost was $21.00 for 1 part. This works for me and the p/n was 1702034 so you was dead on with the part number my friend. Thank you very much.

Now my next question is,, what would be the best thing to use to glue this thing back in. I took the other side off and it looks as if it was like some clear silicone that was used to glue it in, Would you have any idea on what this may be or what I could use to make sure I dont loose another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Commander

Glad it worked for you!!!

Sorry but I am not sure on what to glue it on with. What does it glue to on the backside, is it vinyl, fiberglass, wood? Maybe some sort of construction adhesive (like liquid nails)? There may be a 3M Marine adhesive out there too, not sure.
mcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
Ensign

Is there anyway I can get pictures of your back seats ? I also have a 94 1800 sr and my seats have always been missing. I wanted to make a set but would like to get some pictures of the originals. I can't find any anywhere.
Robert Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:35 AM   #10
Admiral

2 year old thread. You would be better off just starting a new thread asking the question

Mike
mmwjr is online now   Reply With Quote