Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-28-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Original Galley Fridge in 3700 SCR

He everyone. I'm likely going to make an offer on a '98 3700 this weekend.It looks like the fridge was probably replaced somewhere along the way. But, It seems smaller than the original one. Does anyone know the model number of the original galley fridge?

Also the icemaker has been removed. I may look into replacing that as well if it's still available

Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
Lieutenant

My icemaker was getting cold but not making cubes...I was able to get a replacement this spring. Now I never run out of ice@!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2000 Maxum 3700 scr
moconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
He everyone. I'm likely going to make an offer on a '98 3700 this weekend.It looks like the fridge was probably replaced somewhere along the way. But, It seems smaller than the original one. Does anyone know the model number of the original galley fridge?

Also the icemaker has been removed. I may look into replacing that as well if it's still available
Maxum used Norcold fridges for many model years. just measure the rough cut opening and depth and browse manufacturers for models that will fit.
You can also browse places like Defender.com and WestMarine.com for models that meet the dimensions as well.

Popular Marine Dual-voltage Refrigerators:

Norcold
Dometic
Isotherm
Vitrifrigo
Nova-Kool
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:43 PM   #4

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the ice maker. Like many others (however it's not a rule) I would turn that space into a storage locker. The icemaker is pulling off of the water tank. Yuck.

If you have shorewater, and bypass the water tank, I suppose that is fine. I don't use shorewater. The street water can fill a hull faster than any bilge pump have can evacuate it. Plus, it's healthier for the water system to cycle through the water in the tanks rather than letting it site for extended periods.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #5
Ensign

I am one of the people that gave up on the ice maker in the cockpit. The Nova-Kool R 1200 refrigerator was designed to replace this unit and provide a little extra fridge space. I think the galley fridge is a Norcold. Both are 110vac/12vdc. PS-I have found a couple of ice trays in the freezer is adequate for what some might call "excessive" ice use.
jimbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

I too didn't bother replacing the broken ice maker when I purchased my 3300. Instead I installed a Dometic 6 bottle wine fridge. Something different....

My original galley fridge was a Norcold and I replaced it with a new Norcold. They had a direct replacement for the old model. Maybe Norcold could tell you the original model used in your boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sph801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
Ensign

For general information: I removed my Norcold ice maker and found a refrigerator that was designed to replace this ice maker. The Nova Kool R 1200 ACDC refrigerator fits perfectly in the space provided with minimal installation problems. Just an idea that worked for me.

jimbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote