Old 06-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default No to flags on small boats?

I have a maxum 1750 and wanted to add a pole and flag untill i came across this; granted im on the other side of the pond but wanted a more comical flag than a country flag

Quote:
NantucketSal - 12/13/2004 7:53 PM

PS I think your perspective needs an adjustment if you equate flying our flag with putting s spoiler on a Corolla. And I don't mean that in a malicious way. Really.
No need to get testy. I'm sure that the fellas with the spoilers have just as much pride in their car as you do in your boat. I recalled that you are new to boat ownership, having recently purchased your 19' boat, and thought I'd offer that information before you drilled holes in that fine boat you've got.

FWIW, around here, it is rare to see a small boat with a yacht ensign. I see them about as often as I see spoilers on corollas. I was simply relaying that information.

Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #2

I have no idea what NantucketSal is talking about. I see plenty of spoilers on small japanese cars of all varieties. If you want to drill a hole in your boat, that's up to you. If you want to fly a flag, that too is your perogative. I don't like them, because they are loud and frequently in the way, but that is just one man's opinion.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Send a message via AIM to TBarCYa

I always fly a flag on my 1800MX. When pulling a tube, it's state law to fly an orange triangle which I fly from the stern light pole and depending on the day, I'll either fly the Stars and Stripes or the jolly roger from the VHF antenna.

2008 Maxum 1800MX - 'Lottie-Da'
https://www.tombarcia.net/lottie-da/index.htm
TBarCYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBarCYa View Post
I always fly a flag on my 1800MX. When pulling a tube, it's state law to fly an orange triangle which I fly from the stern light pole and depending on the day, I'll either fly the Stars and Stripes or the jolly roger from the VHF antenna.
Are the flag poles that go into the stern light pole readily available as that would be ideal!
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
Commander

Quote:
Are the flag poles that go into the stern light pole readily available as that would be ideal!
You can just use clips.

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Send a message via AIM to TBarCYa

I use the clips on the factory light pole and I have smaller clips that attach to the VHF antenna as well.

2008 Maxum 1800MX - 'Lottie-Da'
https://www.tombarcia.net/lottie-da/index.htm
TBarCYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
Commander

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote