Old 10-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Newbie needs some help

Hi all,

I recently traded my old boat for a 2004 Maxum 2900SE, and I love it!! I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you can help me with:

1) One of my cabin pot lights is broken. When my Marina tried to get a new one they were told that these lights are discontinued? Hard to believe being a 2004 and knowing that these lights have been the same for about 10 years? The light is beige in colour and I need the entire unit. Does anyone know where I can get a couple of these?

2) I have a water leak underneath the helm (where the electrical panel is) the leak only happens when I plane and seems to be getting worse over the last month or so. Just yesterday my entire carpet was soaked so much I had to remove and put rags down. When the boat is docked I can see no water collecting in there, but I just can't seem to find where the water is coming in from. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Sea-esta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
Admiral

Default leak and other parts

welcome to the zoo...i have the 2700 scr and like yours ...a great boat...however..the pot lights are not discontinued..they cost about 20 bucks each...and you can get them at the maxum dealer...i had one break on my too and it was fairly easy to get from the dealer...I actually bought 3 of them..one as a spare..one as replacement and then one to light up an area that was too dark at nite....

as far as the leak goes...nope...I mean..yeah we have some leaking going on around the helm..but it's from the canvas and water draining aft from the windscreen and canvas mating area's that don't seal properly....if it's coming from places that you can seal...use 4200 silicone sealant....if it's not..then all you can do is adjust the canvas or something like that.........
hope this helps....
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote