Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Ensign

Default New guy!

Hey, I'm Josh! I own a 2008 1800MX. As to this club, I'm a newcomer to boat ownership and learning real fast! I boat on the Emerald Coast in the panhandle of Florida. I love my boat but boy, have I had some issues with her already! First problem was the blower switch was wired wrong and was draining the battery. I brought it to the dealer and it turns out that battery was bad as well. I learned about ethanol real quick and now make sure I have a fuel additive every time I go to the pump. My most recent problem happened this past weekend during the Billy Bowlegs Festival. For some reason, as I was trying to make it back to the dock, I couldn't get shifter to ingage in drive or reverse and had to be towed. The shifter has full play in it and I was able to throttle up normally. I brought it back to the dealer so hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I followed the break-in procedure and had the 20 hour service completed. Someone told me a new boat usually has a few bugs to work out but I don't know. Is it normal to have so many problems already?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
Admiral

Default Re: New guy!

Hi Josh and welcome to the zoo..sounds like you have a friday boat....that's a boat that was made on friday and everyone was pumped to party for the weekend.. :mrgreen: .just kidding...but hemmingways....there is always a punch list of things that break or is messed up for one reason or another....as simple as a boat is..you'd think that it would go together right the first time....sounds like the shifter broke on yours...I had that happen to me on a vacation ...I was lucky cuz we didn't even get off the docks...just sat there and played with the throttle..turns out it was some sort of tab in the shifter that engages the linkage to put the boat into gear....luckily your covered under warrranty....

don't get upset...these things are just tempermental sometimes....

good luck with the new boat and keep posting here..

SP irate:

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Ensign

Default Re: New guy!

Spun the prop! Easy enough fix but not covered under warranty. Probably will get a new prop while the other is repaired and kept as a spare. More than likely get it caught up in some rope or something.