Old 02-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default New Ads / Help support the forum

You may have noticed that I have added some google advertisements at the top of the screen. This is to help with overhead costs of running this site. I have never liked advertisements on a website and would really rather not have them but in reality this site does cost money to run.

I tried to place them so they do not take away from this forum. If anyone has any recommendations on changing placement or anything else I would love to hear. Also please if you have a few moments while reading the forums please click on an ad or two, this will help with generating some funds to support the costs of this site.

There is also a paypal donation button on the bottom of the page. If you feel so inclined to donate please do. I appreciate all the donations that we have received so far.

This is a site for you guys and you guys only. If you have any suggestions or have any ideas for the site or think that you could add something to this community please PM me. We are always looking to make this site even greater than it is.

Happy Boating!

Jon

jhabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

Send a message via MSN to Brit Rider

I don't think the ads have any detriment at all.. of course adding a load of flashy banner ads gets annoying but these google ads are fine in my opinion.

Thanks for running the Forum Jon - good to see it getting busier slowly

Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Commander

Yeah, I agree with britrider and thanks for the site!!!
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I just want to thank everyone who has donated and also for supporting our google sponsors, every click counts!. Any little bit helps with keeping this site going. If anyone is interested in donating to this site there is a paypal link at the bottom of every page. Please do not feel obligated to donate. There will NEVER be a membership fee for this site. I appreciate everything

Jonathan
jhabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Ensign

Hey,man I found you through google,I don't have any prob with advertising through them.
dyoung6 is offline   Reply With Quote