Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default My 89 Maxum restore project

[attachment=1:1weu51sd]rszboat02.jpg[/attachment:1weu51sd][attachment=0:1weu51sd]rszboat03.jpg[/attachment:1weu51sd]

NH badboy1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
Lt. JG

Default Re: My 89 Maxum restore project

[attachment=2:2fohcaux]rszboat04.jpg[/attachment:2fohcaux]
[attachment=1:2fohcaux]rszboat05.jpg[/attachment:2fohcaux]
[attachment=0:2fohcaux]rszboat06.jpg[/attachment:2fohcaux]

Old 07-15-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Lt. JG

[attachment=2:jfemm7xk]rszboat07.jpg[/attachment:jfemm7xk]
[attachment=1:jfemm7xk]rszboat8.jpg[/attachment:jfemm7xk]
[attachment=0:jfemm7xk]rszboat09.jpg[/attachment:jfemm7xk]
Old 07-15-2009, 02:37 AM   #4
Lt. JG

[attachment=0:9gabd69b]rszboat10.jpg[/attachment:9gabd69b]
Hope I did it right .More updated pics to come w/ the rest of interior installed .Thanks for looking....List of parts in the boat
New wood from hull up & all new fiberglass,New carpet.new vinyal interior had it done same as original removed 2 lounge seat's & putting in 2 new wise premium buckets to match the colors on interior,New Sony cd player 2 Sony coaxial speakers(wired it for 4 speakers but only need 2 its a high powered stereo),New Teleflex sahara gauges,New Teleflex ace steering wheel,Limo black window tint,All new decals & pinstripes,All new wiring from dash to transom,New switches,interior lights,Think thats about it if I remember more I will add..
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Ensign

wow.. let see some more pics.. way to go on the shining up...
toplessfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Lt. JG

If you look close you can see there are all new decals ,pinstripes & me & wifey wet sanded 2 weeks started w/ 1000 grit ,1200,1500 then buffed ,polished hand glazed & its still not done lol I think we will wet sand 1 more time & buff.Today I took the trailer out from under it & started grinding all the rust ,we are replacing the boards ,carpet,all new u clamps new tounge & chains & a fresh coat of paint & pinstripe to match the boats stripes. Oh & 2 new white spoked wheels.As soon as I have some new pics I will post .Btw great site so far good info ...
Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Admiral

Fantastic job...keep posting pic's...

SP :hello:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
Ensign

Wow.....looks like your having a good time with this project. I wouldnt have the paitience to do that. Great job!!!!!!!!!!
jpaukstys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Ensign

I have the same boat and I enjoy seeing these pics. Please post more.
wnaplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Ensign

wow my 1990 exterior looks like your first pics..lol..that damn burgundy just loves the sun..its just sooo hard to protect it when it has to sit in the lake all summer long....really looks great by the way
Overcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
Lt. JG

Update::: The trailer is done I took it to bare metal ,primed & coated it in black bed liner (no more rusting)Have some more of the interior installed .Still need to install my seats w/ pedestals.Then all thats left is all 5 passenger /bow/transom seats need to be vinyled.I have some pics but have not yet downloaded them as I will soon & get some more work done .Glad you all like the boat ....It's a far way from when we first got her & we can't wait to get her in the water (next year :-(...)We will have a brand new boat to play in for a 1/4 of the $ to buy a new one this size.I think so far my total $ 1800.00 & the interior was the most expensive & that doesn't include the engine yet & it will be used if I can find one (85 hp)locally in NH.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
Ensign

There was a guy here locally that had the exact same boat as us in mint condition. I mean it may have just left the showroom floor. It had the i/o like mine and he sold it for $2500. Last week. Your doing pedestal seats? What is under the benches that the back to back seats have? Are these just on the floor and have flat wood under them to drirectly screw the bases to or did you have to reconfigure? Did you tint the windows? I would redo the switch cluste to get rid of the colorful switches. Maybe find the original one with the decals.
wnaplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnaplay
There was a guy here locally that had the exact same boat as us in mint condition. I mean it may have just left the showroom floor. It had the i/o like mine and he sold it for $2500. Last week. Your doing pedestal seats? What is under the benches that the back to back seats have? Are these just on the floor and have flat wood under them to drirectly screw the bases to or did you have to reconfigure? Did you tint the windows? I would redo the switch cluste to get rid of the colorful switches. Maybe find the original one with the decals.
I had to rebuild the floor & stringers anyway so I built the floor flat to acomadate the pedestal's for the new bucket seat's.I went w/ the color switches me & wife liked them I could have used black.As far as finding another switch panel have you looked for parts for this boat?? lol hard to find .I sanded & repainted the panel cause it was faded ^ looked like crap ..Yes I tinted the windows myself took them out of the frames & did them on my kitchen table( w/ wifes permission lol) ..Also the $ don't mean nothing I had fun & enjoyed restoring this boat w/ the wife yes I could have spent the same amount on a bote that needed no work but it was giving to me for FREE ..
Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
Lt. JG

Here are a few more new pics .My date on the cam is wrong so ignore it lol .Enjoy!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Lt. JG

what we named her lol .It's a long story lol
Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Ensign

It looks AWESOME!
I definitely want to restore ours. I just can't seem to want to take it off the water for that long. LOL I hope when you get yours going, that it will be as dependible as ours always has been.

Lori is offline   Reply With Quote