Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Moving on - Mixed emotions!

Hey Fellow Maxum Owners,

It has been almost two years to the day since I purchased my new left over 2008 1900SR3. It has been a great boat - always started right up, performed great and never left us stranded. It was a good boat and I spent hours cleaning and detailing it after EACH splash. We put 193 hours on her in 23 months. But, I have been looking at other boats since the boat show. Not so much because of 2 footitis disease but more for an upgrade in comfort (interior) and power.

I just closed the deal on a new 2011 Chaparral 206SSI with a VP 5.0 GXI SX. The lake test was yesterday and it went really WELL. It is essentially the same LOA as the Maxum but has a wider beam. It has a real nicely laid out cockpit and is very comfy. It has some nice upgrades (digital gauges, bimini with eisenglass, upgraded stereo, sirius, snap in carpet, great bucket seats each with a bolster, etc) I think I negotiated a pretty fair deal and got them to throw in some nice extra goodies - custom full sunbrella cover, dual battery set up, swim platform logo mat (not as nice as Bella's teak tho), dual axle trailer with guides, etc. They gave me within about 1,000.00 of what I paid for the Maxum on the trade too.

I just wanted to say to thanks to all of you here at the MOC forum for the help when needed the last two years as well as for the "fun" on the site. Not so sure that the Chap forum will have as nice of guys as this one does. I wish you all well and will check in from time to time to (1) say "hi" (2) see Bella's latest mod and (3) to make sure you are keeping "greatz" Ed in line!

Thanks to SP and Shrew for their leadership.

Take care,
Brian
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote