Old 08-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Mosquito suggestions

I have a Maxum 2300 scr, presently the rear curtain (no camper back so far) does not totally come right down to the floor. This allows mosquitos to get in and ruin my quiet peaceful night. I was thinking of going to a canvas shop and asking them to add about a foot of mosquito netting about a foot long all across the bottom of the curtain so that it bunches up at the bottom and 'fills the gap'. Before i do that wondering if anyone has a similar situation and if so - how they solved it.

richster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

one of the best products Ive ever purchased is a thermocell. it's a mosquito repellant mechanism and works amazing!! not one bite when it's on.
every one should own one. I've one at boat and one at home for our deck.
see link below
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ThermaCEL...ntern/19206340
BB

Baby Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Ensign

Yeah i have one of those, but I find it lasts only four hours which is fine in the evening but come that majic hour in the morning when they come out again - they wake me up. I'm also weirded out a bit about using Thermocell in an enclosed space. i used it but placed it at my bow - which i guess dissipated the effects by the time it got to me downwind. It does work great in my patio at home where i have it closer to me though. I actually JUST got a rechargeable indoor bug zapper - which should be fine in the cabin for those few bugs that make it past the frontline of defence. The 'skeeters are bad up here in Ottawa..
richster is offline   Reply With Quote