Old 05-24-2014, 01:26 AM   #1
Admiral

Default Memorial Day Holiday

Hope everyone has a sunny and safe holiday three day weekend with family and friends!

Be safe..

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Admiral

+1 and some time on the boat as well

Same to you Roger

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Admiral

Admiral and I are doing the first overnight of the season tonight............

Roger
Old 05-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Admiral and I are doing the first overnight of the season tonight............

Roger
Great enjoy.

Wife, older daughter, and her husband are going out with me today, winds are 10 to 20 so not sure how rough the water will be.

Mike
Old 05-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Admiral

Well have fun with a capital F!

WE had a house showing this morning of our house and you don't know what is fun until you drive around with three howling cats for an hour in your car......give me a beer!!!

To all that have served our nation.......thank you for your service!!

Going to the boat.............Roger
Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #6
Admiral

Winds ended up laying down and we had a great cruise

Looking to get back out on Monday

Mike
Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

We finally got out for the first time on Sunday. Wife, oldest adult son, a buddy of his and buddy's girl friend, + Moi. Was a stunning day to be on the water, and a great day to be a boater.

Unless you happened to be the owner of the distressed boat we assisted. We were just coming out of our creek, performing our usual pre-planning routine (sun screen, drinks, etc) and just before I went to throttle her up I heard a call to the CG for a boat in distress with visible smoke on board. I heard the location I knew we were close to it. I finally sighted it not more than 1/4 mile dead ahead. Hammered the old girl, advised CG we were in route just a minute or two away. Arrived, pulled up 5 yards off her starboard but didn't see any smoke. 3 passengers and the captain on board, all had LV's on. The captain was in comm's with the CG, and I communicated our position and status, and prepared to receive passengers. I was circling awaiting the captains decision, lines and fenders ready. I never actually saw any smoke at all. A large crusier comming out of our creek also arrived and was better suited to take on the crew. We held our position until a local police boat and Seatow arrived.

Then we went to lunch.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
Admiral

Just returned from 5 days on Lake Powell... Next trip planned in a couple weeks.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #9
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
We finally got out for the first time on Sunday. Wife, oldest adult son, a buddy of his and buddy's girl friend, + Moi. Was a stunning day to be on the water, and a great day to be a boater.

Unless you happened to be the owner of the distressed boat we assisted. We were just coming out of our creek, performing our usual pre-planning routine (sun screen, drinks, etc) and just before I went to throttle her up I heard a call to the CG for a boat in distress with visible smoke on board. I heard the location I knew we were close to it. I finally sighted it not more than 1/4 mile dead ahead. Hammered the old girl, advised CG we were in route just a minute or two away. Arrived, pulled up 5 yards off her starboard but didn't see any smoke. 3 passengers and the captain on board, all had LV's on. The captain was in comm's with the CG, and I communicated our position and status, and prepared to receive passengers. I was circling awaiting the captains decision, lines and fenders ready. I never actually saw any smoke at all. A large crusier comming out of our creek also arrived and was better suited to take on the crew. We held our position until a local police boat and Seatow arrived.

Then we went to lunch.
Glad to hear it turned out good for all and you still were able to get a great day of boating.

I heard a small helicopter crashed up my way on Hart Miller island on Sunday. Both on board walked away.

Mike
Old 05-28-2014, 01:58 AM   #10
Admiral

Our weekend was so uneventful unlike everyone else. Thank god!

After a great saturaday afternoon on the hook at our favorite anchorage spot on the river we then headed back to our marina for dinner that evening and then at last a trip ( on land) to the ice cream shop for desert.

We spent a beautiful night on our boat, great sleeping weather,no ac needed and woke up with the sunrise and fixed ourselves a great breakfast sunday morning.

Watched the Indy race on the boat tv,had lunch,went home.the end.

Roger
Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #11

We managed to get the Friday before off, however we ended up needing it for last minute packing and organizing, plus it was scattered showers that AM. We loaded the last of the stuff on the boat and commissioned the fresh water system and got the hot water tank up to temp. We ended up casting off late Friday afternoon and anchored for the weekend. Sat. and Sunday was spent leisurely finishing the last of our spring commissioning. We typically wait until we're launched before we focus on washing and waxing the cockpit, non skid, and radar arch. (clean a little, have a beer break, wax a little, have a beer break).

It was cold. Low 50's at night. mid 60's during the day. 15kt wind and scattered showers. Monday was spent reading in the cabin. I kept myself occupied and the cabin warm by cooking. Gourmet meals with a single burner stove and a grill......challenge Accepted!!

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote