Old 09-15-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Maxum Upgrade

In 2003 I purchased a new 1900 SR here in Southern California. At the time I wanted a 2400 or 2500 but decided to just go with the 1900. The boat has been to Big Bear, Pyramid (NV) and Shasta however most of our boating is on Lake Mohave. It was a great choice and a easy boat to take out. It has never missed a beat, or a service, and looks new with only 81 hours on the engine. Low hours since most of the time we haul cheek to a cove and then anchor, swim and have fun in the sun. I have one more trip with the 1900 and will list it for sale around $10K and hope for the best.

So, here I am 12 years later, boat paid off and am now looking for my 2400/2500 Maxum dream boat. There are still a few around SoCal and prices are not too bad. My mechanic said stick with Maxum and Mercruiser and I should be fine. It is hard to find old documentation on the weights, performance and specs so I am turning to the forum here for a little help.

2400 SE or 2500 SCR? I am leaning towards the 2400 due to weight but any help or advice would be helpful.

My Ford F150 4x4 Supercab is rated at 8,000 lbs.

Thank you in advance,

Tim Daleo

Please move the post of needed.

Yesterday
Daleo56 is offline   Reply With Quote