Old 09-30-2021, 12:05 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum Model number?

I bought a very nice boat it is a Maxum, and the HIN reports it to be a 1989 year made and shows it it be a model 1900 and is 19.7 ' long and is a outboard gas with a 125 hp Force engine on it. it appears to be all original but I do have some questions about the boat.
I cannot find an owners manual that lists a 1900 model
I would like to find one as i need some parts and would like to see how it was configured.
I also have an electric Fuel pump under the right rear passenger seat and I don't think it is original as it is equipped with a original manual pump on motor that is in place?
Ala in all I really like the boat and I plan on taking care of it and and using it in the future. I would also like to know of the trailer manufacture, as the trailer is very well made with custom wheels and rectangle tubing. pulls really well.
Of coarse it is Marron and white, very deep Vee type hull a Bow rider I guess you would call it?
Thanks you glad to be a part of your forum.

RonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieT View Post
I bought a very nice boat it is a Maxum, and the HIN reports it to be a 1989 year made and shows it it be a model 1900 and is 19.7 ' long and is a outboard gas with a 125 hp Force engine on it. it appears to be all original but I do have some questions about the boat.
I cannot find an owners manual that lists a 1900 model
I would like to find one as i need some parts and would like to see how it was configured.
I also have an electric Fuel pump under the right rear passenger seat and I don't think it is original as it is equipped with a original manual pump on motor that is in place?
Ala in all I really like the boat and I plan on taking care of it and and using it in the future. I would also like to know of the trailer manufacture, as the trailer is very well made with custom wheels and rectangle tubing. pulls really well.
Of coarse it is Marron and white, very deep Vee type hull a Bow rider I guess you would call it?
Thanks you glad to be a part of your forum.
I can’t help with a manual but I think your boat will be a 1900 XR. The X denotes the outboard version (S is stern drive) and the R denotes bowrider models (C is cuddy).

Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
Admiral

Welcome Aboard!

Don't think we have anything other than the basic owners manual which doesn't cover the details you are looking for. That electric fuel pump is definitely not OEM. Seems like a POs fix to a fuel supply issue.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Welcome Aboard!

Don't think we have anything other than the basic owners manual which doesn't cover the details you are looking for. That electric fuel pump is definitely not OEM. Seems like a POs fix to a fuel supply issue.
Yes I am thinking you are right, I see the pump on the motor is intact and hooked to the supply hose and on to the carbs, I have yet to track it down , maybe a quick fix for a non-working manual pump? these original pumps are repairable ,I think?
I was looking for an owner's manual as I know it would tell me things I don't know about the boat. I think I can find a engine manual but I would like details about the boat like maintenance , lights like bow and stern, gas tank, fuel hoses.? Is there supposed to be a bulb between the tank and the original manual pump? the tank is it built in non removable?
RonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:18 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I can’t help with a manual but I think your boat will be a 1900 XR. The X denotes the outboard version (S is stern drive) and the R denotes bowrider models (C is cuddy).
Cool information! So now I know what the SR in my SR3 means, but what about the 3?
Old 09-30-2021, 07:00 PM   #6
Admiral

Yes your outboard should have a primer bulb in the fuel line.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote