Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Maxum boat decals???

Anybody replaced the graphics/decals on their boat with factory rerplacements? I have the 1900sr and was thinking about replacing the graphics with new ones. Not sure if I want to go with the factory style or find some aftermarket kit. I like the factory look, but wasn't sure if I can even still get the parts since there are no more dealers in my area. Any recommendations?

dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

You can try by going to Great Lakes Skipper website. They have some of the OEM parts / decals from time to time for most US Marine brands including Maxum.

Good luck.

New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #3

Depending on the year, you can order much directly from US marine still. I replaced my 3d MAXUM letters (1997 Maxum) that I had a dealer order for me. Great Lakes skipper is also a good place to look for those items.

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...ct-information

Go all the way to the bottom of the link. It includes an updated link to the parts catalogue as well as the contact info. for Customer Service. If you can't find the part, a dealer or customer service can assist with part numbers.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
Admiral

Another way to look at the situation.........

I had a 1988 2150 Bayliner that I got tried of looking like all the other million Bayliners.

After 5 years of use with the same blue and white hull, blue carpet, same pinstripes and even white contact veneer wood, I redid the whole boat with a different color scheme.

A teal hull, teal carpet, different pinstriping and a wood veneer. It was still a Bayliner but a 2150 Bayliner designed by me.

Maybe you don't what to go that far, but the point is you might what to experiment. Pinstriping is cheap and you can find about anything you like. Or maybe not...........
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

I'm not against changing the color and graphics scheme on it. I don't use the carpet anyway and as soon as I got the boat I unsnapped it and took it out. Put it some storage containers and put in the garage. There are some parts on the inside of the boat dash (vinyl and fiberglass) that are colermatched so that is the only thing keeping me from changing the color scheme. I would have it completely redone and that will get very expensive versus just changing some scratched and mildly faded vinyl graphics. I would really like to go to a grey/black type scheme but there is no way to pull it off with the tan/gold/brownish colors that are on it now, without some repainting and brand new upholstery throughout. I may have to check and see what some vinyl seat piping and the dash gelcoat painting would cost.
dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote