Old 09-18-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 3300 SCR cockpit seat hardware question

I recently bought a ‘01 3300 SCR, and am attempting to refurbish several items. In this case, the port side rear seat in the cockpit is missing the hardware that secures it to the port gunwale. Can anyone with a 3300 SCR take a closeup pic of the seat hardware and/or identify the parts needed to secure this seat? Any guidance is welcome. Cheers, John

Captain John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
Ensign

Default sear parts

i have a 3200 and the plastic parts are also damaged. i found the part number for the parts, 1702538, yet i am unable to find them to replace the damaged parts.
hope this helps you.

senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

I have a 3300 and know exactly what you're talking about. Did a search and can't find anything similar either. There are 2 of these plastic brackets mounted to the boat; the stainless loops on the back edge of the seat slide in the narrow slots of the mounts when you put the seat in oriented at the correct angle, then when you flatten the seat the stainless loops rotate and they're unable to slide back out of the bracket. The flat parts of the loops are clocked away from the mounts' slots when the seat bottom is flat, so the loops are physically unable to fit through the slots at that angle.

One of my plastic mounts is broken on top, but the bottom part is still intact and holds the seat well enough that I haven't had a problem. I thought up a way to create new ones with some aluminum plate and a few pieces of aluminum L channel (see pic of my crude drawings lol). All you need is something that lets the loops through and sit on top for support. When mine break, I'll probably build something like this, or weld something up out of small tube that has a slot of similar size and orientation.
Attached Thumbnails
brackets.jpg  
Old 10-09-2020, 01:33 AM   #4
Ensign

Default Part

I repaired the seat using 2 electrical Conduit clamps. I put the seat in place and clipped the clamps over the metal bracket. I then screwed the bottom of the clamp into then wall. I then put Velcro in the left and right ledge near the front of the seat. That stopped the seat from sliding and it still allows the seat to lift up for access to the door in the boat wall.
I don’t think I will be able to manufacture your part.
senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

This is the same channel used for attaching awnings to campers you can buy it by the foot at camper parts stores and cut it to the correct size. I have seen it in aluminum not the cheap plastic
RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

+1 for that idea ... $10 for 4 feet, cut to size and drill.

https://www.sailrite.com/Awning-Trac...SABEgJa_fD_BwE
Old 10-14-2020, 02:23 AM   #7
Ensign

Thumbs up Maxum 3300 SCR Seat Retainer Bracket...

Wow, I'm impressed. With the information provided, I can fabricate a solution with relative ease. Thanks a ton for the guidance. You folks rock! Cheers, John
Captain John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:36 AM   #8
Lt. Commander

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/hold-down
try this for hardware

Tags
3300 scr, seat hardware, seat parts