Old 08-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Maxum 3000 SCR Waste Vent Hose

I am looking to install a filter in the vent hose on my waste tank to cut down on the pleasant odors. I was hoping someone knows how to access the the vent line and/or waste tank without ripping apart the bottom of my sink cabinet in the helm area. Any thoughts is apprecaited.

Thanks.

jayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Admiral

Jayesq............

I had looked at your thread last week and was hoping that one of our maxum experts had answered your question.....cause I was curious too!...............

I have a 2001 3000SCR and if I remove the cooler floor on the starboard side you can stick your head around and see where the white sanitation lines are between the hull and cabin.

I do know that the pumpout lines are in the engine compartment.

I have tried to see if there is a panel on the starboard side in the aft cabin that is removeable and I have not found any.

I will be watching this thread for any other ideas.......

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #3

Where is your holding tank located? I would expect it in in the engine compartment. The vent hose should go from the top of the holding tank to a clam shell on the hull somewhere. the vent for my fuel tank, water tank and holding tank are all right next to each other on the starboard side just below the rub rail.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

Agreed, schrew... my black water holding tank is ALSO located in the engine compartment on my 2001 2900 SCR. The filters can be purchased @ West Marine (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10690) although I've developed a "resusable" version of this same thing by simply recharging it with new carbon pellets and pads due to the the annual cost being so high for such a simple filter.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #5
Lieutenant

Guys,

The best I can tell is the waste tank is located underneath the helm area sink. It definitely is not in the engine compartment and I do not see in anywhere in the cabin. Looking at the owners manual which is not very clear it seems to methat it is in the location I have targeted. The vent for it is right next to the drain for the helm since. Under that sink there is a small access panel to access the port fuel tank but you can't see the vent line or waste tank. I prefer not to start cutting apart the storage area if I can avoid it. I'm hoping there is some panel that I am missing, so any ideas are appreciated.

Roger the cooler floor on the 99 is over the engine compartment, so unfortunately that doesn't help.

Jeff I have seen a couple homemade filters with pvc and pellets and pads from a pet store, do you have any pics of the one you built.

Thanks,

John
Old 08-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
Admiral

jay
what yr is your boat??..cuz all of the sport cruisers I know of in both bayliner and maxum has them in the engine bay....maybe the older ones have them in the salon....but that just doesn't make sense.....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #7
Admiral

This thread got me looking on my own boat which is a 2001 3000SCR. The vent is on the port side right next to the cockpit sink discharge outlet hole. So unless there is a panel in the aft cabin port side I don't see how you can get to it unless you take the insulation wall down and get in between the aft cablin wall and the hull. I know when in the engine compartment looking forward on the port side you can see the cavity between the hull and aft cabin, but I don't think a midget could get in there.

Roger
Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
Ensign

Can't you find it going backwards from the vent? As shrew said above mine are all 3 next to each other on the Starboard side on my 1995 2700 SCR.

Jeffmeans - A bunch of us at my marina did the same thing but started with the west marine filter. Cut it in half and added 2 unions and voila!
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 AM   #9
Admiral

Found mine today while doing so work in the bilge. Vent is on the port side on our 2001 3000 and can be worked on in the engine compartment.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #10

They boxed mine in with marine plywood. You can't see it in the engine comp., however it is definitely there. You should be able to trace the waste pump-out connector to the top of one of the sides of the holding tank. First locate the waste pumpout fitting, then go inside and trace it back to the holding tank. You might need to remove a partition to get to it. It you have a discharge pump, try tracing it back from the discharge pump as well.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Lieutenant

Found it over the weekend after crawling around the engine compartment some more. Thank you all for your input. It was partially stuck behind insulation on the partition in the engine compartment. After finding it and being able to trace it, I found that it has a complete circle in the line immediately before it goes out thru the hull. The fitting seems high enough from the water line that water intrusion wouldn't been an issue; Is there any reason that the hose would have a circle in it? It seems that it would impact on air flow during pump out and probably impact on odor control as well because there is no fresh air getting in to the tank.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
Admiral

I got the same thing and I think it is to keep the water or wave action from getting in there.............
Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
Admiral

that is a reverse drip loop...it's designed to keep water from flowing back into the tank during high seas.....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #14
Lieutenant

Thanks for the info SP
Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Lieutenant

Ha guys on my 1998 3000scr the wast water tank is in the bat cave below the helm when you look in the tank is under the seat directly ahead, the outlet pipe or pipes (if you have the macerater pump) come out in the engine bay, the standard pipe goes upwards to the suction outlet and second pipe goes to the macerater pump and the out through the hull on the starboard side Ha guys on my 1998 3000scr the wast water tank is in the bat cave below the helm when you look in the tank is under the seat directly ahead, the outlet pipe or pipes (if you have the macerater pump) come out in the engine bay, the standard pipe goes upwards to the suction outlet and second pipe goes to the macerater pump and the out through the hull on the starboard side
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
Lieutenant

%$#@&! double clicked and sent it twice, As for the vent I will have a look later and let you know what I fined . I dont remember seing it in the engine bay!
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
Ensign

My waste is boxed in as well. Kinda sucks as I don't have a guage and can't see it so....... Get it pumped out when?!!??!!??! about that time.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #18
Ensign

HI. The holding tank, at least om my 3000 SCR are located in the aft cabin, in the middle. To see it you just have to lift out the cushion and unscrew a few srews. The vent line goes out in the engine room, just in the middle off the engine room you can see 2 hoses that are about 7-8 cm, and one that is about 1/2''. The minor of these is the vent line, and as it was mentioned here, it goes to the hull on the port side, just under the sink in the cabin. Hope this helps, or else please dont hesitate to ask me, I'll be glad to send you some pictures or drawings.
Please apologize my english
ulven71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulven71 View Post
HI. The holding tank, at least om my 3000 SCR are located in the aft cabin, in the middle.
Ugggg, I hate getting a crappy nights sleep. LOL, sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayesq View Post
I am looking to install a filter in the vent hose on my waste tank to cut down on the pleasant odors.
I'm thinking about doing this as well but will probably install prior to spring launch next year. I saw this unit a while back - looks like a nice design and made to only require a refill annually for a reasonable price.

http://www.bigorangefilter.com/index.html

seaman-recruit is offline   Reply With Quote