Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 2400 scr 1995

I just bought a Maxum 2400 SCR- I will be restoring it over the next 3 weeks.

So far I have had the interior re-done, all panels, dash, speaker covers, exhaust vent etc. are getting Hydro Graphic dipped carbon fiber. I painted the Hull black. I compounded and waxed - inside and out. Added a swim deck with cup holders and BBQ grill. New gages, switches, indicator lights, cup holders.....you know all the easy stuff.

Tomorrow I will be installing a Teleflex CH1752P Control....if there is anyone who has done this please let me know. Everyone says 'yeah, it'll switch right out' but we'll see.

I'm also taking the old Trim tabs and controls and replacing. Does anyone have any advice, or have done this before. I have a hydraulic leak and just want to replace them.

How do I pump out the waste hold tank myself....this boat is in my shop.

I would like to use this thread for those who own a Maxum 2400 SCR and updated/replace equipment.

Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
Admiral

Post some pictures of your work.

What's in the holding tank, just liquid or solids? If just liquids a siphon hose will work. Solids will be tuff as a strong vacuum is required.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
Ensign

Its a mystery in, along with the smell.....I have a shop vac....I'm not looking forward to this.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
Captain

Go get some holding tank bacteria packets (WalMart rv section) and toss them in there for a few days before you mess with it. Also add a bunch of water. It will break anything in there down to liquid, and kill the smell. Will make it easier to pump out if its liquid.
Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
Captain

This is what I have been using. The blue ones don't break down waste, just deodorize. This will actually liquefy stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
wp_ss_20150428_0001.png  
Old 04-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #6

If the boat has a macerator/discharge pump, then you it will discharge via a through hull (better get a big bucket). IF not, then the only way is to pump it out through the 'waste' deck plate. I have serious doubts about whether a shop vac will be able to create a vacuum strong enough to empty the holding tank.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
Captain

It will if you open the tank and pump directly out.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
Ensign

Default THanks

Thanks guys, just the advice I needed. No smells! and hopefully I can go through the hull.....do they sell a device to make this job a little less hassle free?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #9
Captain

You want it less hassle free? Lol

I have another thread somewhere (possibly on the iboats forum) where we had a long discussion on pump out systems for at home. Short answer... Use a marina.

It takes so much suction, and pumping of nasty stuff, that there isn't a better solution than pumping out at the marina.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #10
Ensign

Default Funny

That seems like the best answer! I cant believe this guy sold me a boat full of so much waste. I currently have it in my shop (not a boat shop ) and was hoping I could do it from there. Lesson learned! I will definitely make sure this is done before I pull it out of the water....after I finally get it in the water that is.