Old 07-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Marine Store Purchases

Just thought I needed to throw this story out there. With my new boat I am naturally spending money making things the way I want them. Been fighting with a grill and some fender holders and have spent way to much time trying to find either that isn't obviously full of gold (or atleast priced that way).

Long story short purchased pieces and parts from two different places this week. On Monday bought my grill and cover from Overtons (standard shipping) and purchased it online. The cutting table and mounts were purchased from www.anchorexpress.com yesterday afternoon.

Having not dealt with Anchorexpress before but liking their prices I tried to call their customer service number. I have had horrible experiences buying things from online companies at times and then you can't even contact them. Therefore if I can't talk to a human before I order I just refuse to order.

I also want to know if I pay for 2 day shipping does that mean they take their lazy A**** and actually box up the merchandise and ship it that day or like Amazon.com even if you pay for overnight shipping it might take them 4 days to "handle" it.

Anyway the anchorexpress place was fast to answer and really nice. Ordered it on the phone at 1pm, paid an extra $8 for express shipping and my wife just called to say it's at the house now. WOW

Overtons has the WORST customer service page online but was very helpful on the phone and without paying for expidited shipping the grill is scheduled on Fed Ex to arrive tommorrow.

Both great experiences!!
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote