Old 08-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Lost Entry Hatch 2400 SCR

I just purchased this boat last week and took it to the lake yesterday. On the way home the top swivel hatch must have came loose and blew off. Any ideas on where to get a replacement or one fabricated. Thanks

Shane Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #2

Hi Shane Eddy, Welcome Aboard!!!!

Could you provide more detail? What hatch is this? I'm not familiar with a "Top Swivel Hatch".

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Hi Shane Eddy, Welcome Aboard!!!!

Could you provide more detail? What hatch is this? I'm not familiar with a "Top Swivel Hatch".
Yes it is called "Cabin Entry Hatch" It is above the main cabin door. It is shaped like a a 1/4 of a circle, and swivels across the top of the dash to allow better access to the lower cabin. Called my local Bayliner dealer and they said part number was 59118 from US Marine. But unavailable.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #4

Ah!!! And Duh!! The title did say "Entry Hatch". My bad. double check with the dealer to see if the part has been superceded by an alternate part number. They sometimes do that. Part 59118 is not available, (however part 59125 (for example) might be a direct replacement). You might need to call Us marine directly to get this information.

The next alternative is to possibly talk with a custom fiberglass company. ShipShape TV JUST ran an episode where they worked with a company that makes a lot of these parts and can reproduce parts like this custom. They were replacing old cabin hatches for one of their 'project boats'. I do not recall the name of the company. I will see if I can lok it up.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Ah!!! And Duh!! The title did say "Entry Hatch". My bad. double check with the dealer to see if the part has been superceded by an alternate part number. They sometimes do that. Part 59118 is not available, (however part 59125 (for example) might be a direct replacement). You might need to call Us marine directly to get this information.

The next alternative is to possibly talk with a custom fiberglass company. ShipShape TV JUST ran an episode where they worked with a company that makes a lot of these parts and can reproduce parts like this custom. They were replacing old cabin hatches for one of their 'project boats'. I do not recall the name of the company. I will see if I can lok it up.

Awesome, Thanks!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #6

Check out:

http://www.boatoutfitters.com/

I doubt they have anything in stock, but they do custom fabrication. This might be an option for you.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #7
Ensign

With as many of these boats that are listed for sale and are obviously still out there I can't hardly believe this part can't be found. There must be some of these boats in salvage yards. I fabricated one from some plywood for a quick fix for now and fall is approaching fast so I have some time. Just my luck first time out a part of the boat that is virtually impossible to find flies of on the way home.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Ensign

Default Cabin Entry Hatch 1998 2400 SCR

Any one have or know where I might find one of these. It's the 1/4 circle shaped hatch above the cabin door. With Sandy destroying so many boats are there any salvage yards out east that I might contact to possibly find one. Thanks[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #9

Merged duplicate thread.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:42 AM   #10
Ensign

It's been a while since I've post on this thought I would give it a bump. Any leads would be appreciated, Thanks.