Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Lookin' for a place to sit

Greetings all!! First of all let me say that this is my first post to the group. My wife and I finally got to upgrade our boat this summer. We bought a 1995 Maxum 1800 SR. It is a huge difference from what we used to have, a 14' john boat that I had remodeled and added remote steering to. We had many great hours in the little boat but with the addition of our daughter we did not have any more room. We LOVE our Maxum!! It has the 190 hp Mercruiser and can really haul!!! The interior is in great shape. The boat is the burgandy (I believe Maxum called it Merlot). So anyway I guess I will get to the reason I am posting. I saw a 95 2300 sr with bucket seats and as most of you know the 1800 sr was only available with 2 sunloungers that year. I would like to change out the drivers side seat to a bucket seat but would like to have something that matches the interior. So I guess what I am wondering is does anyone here have one of those things laying around or know where I can get one? I would love to have a bucket helm seat! Thanks in advance.

Jason

jasonandtaramc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
Admiral

Welcome to the zoo Jason!!..congrats on the new toy and hope you hvae many many hours of fun and sun.....
as for the bucket seats...I'm sure you can try boatfix.com or maybe even boatersworld.com....they have seats you can by and even the mounting hardware...I'm sure someone with the same sized boat will post here to help out.....
keep on posting and again..welcome to the zoo....

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
Commander

I assume your interior is the same as mine, to match the merlot gelcoat.

The 1800SB came standard with the seat that you need.

Maybe a Maxum dealer could help you locate a new old stock seat.

Please post some pics of your boat for us

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

I have a 2100 SR2 with buckets and I believe the seats are plain white. I have seen seats with similar colors on Overtons (should be called Overpriced!), and the other sites. The only thing I dont like and will be changing is the pedestals. They are not height adjustable and sit too low for my tastes, but the do swivel and slide.
Side note -
Tglee, does that brochure have anything on the 2100? Not much info out there on the Maxum website about my model and would like to know more about options and such.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
Commander

I have the 1995 catalog that came with my 1994 boat when it was new. I think the models from those years are identical. It only has the 2100SRB. I'm not sure if your 97 SR2 differs or not. I will post the pages in a new thread if you like.

I would also suggest downloading the parts catalog of your model for future reference.

Here is the link.
http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/manuals_index.html

Link is not direct to the parts catalog. Just poke around a bit on the site and you will find them all.

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote