Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Admiral

Default Lack of anchor locker drain

One of my projects this afternoon was to clean out my anchor locker on the pulpit of my 2001 3000 SCR. I must say..... all of you 3000 scr owners know what I mean about keeping this clean, you really got to keep up on this part of the boat or it just gets fulll of dirt and debris very quickly!

I started by cleaning the rim of the locker and then grabbed my bucket of rode out and put it up on top of the deck to be able to clean all of the inside of the locker out.

I notice that there was about an inch of water where the bucket would of sit on the locker floor. I was looking for a drain on the bottom and none was to be found. What gives?

I would imagine this water came from the anchor rode when gathering it up. I have always had a habit of taking a towel to the rode with my hand before it went down into the locker in the rode bucket when I was using the windlass winding it in to keep it dry in the locker, but no drain?

I wonder if you could put a drain on the floor of this locker and have an outlet going to the bow of the boat somewhere.

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Captain

my 2800scr has a skupper with a thru hull fitting in the anchor locker, which really dose not hold the anchor, more of the wet rope when i use it which is behind the first 10' of chain.

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #3

If you have the Perko deck hawse this is far from water proof as well. While I don't bother to have the admiral do anything by shove the wet line into the hawse pipe, I assumed there was a drain in there. I don't get standing water in my anchor locker, so I assume mine has a drain.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Admiral

I guess I look inside the locker more often and just keep clean and dry.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote