Old 12-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #1

Default Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

In case anyone is not aware, there is a large recall from Kidde for all of their plastic handled fire extinguishers. The recall goes all the way back to 1973.

Description:
This recall involves two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: plastic handle fire extinguishers and push-button Pindicator fire extinguishers.

Plastic handle fire extinguishers: The recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015. The extinguishers were sold in red, white and silver, and are either ABC- or BC-rated. The model number is printed on the fire extinguisher label. For units produced in 2007 and beyond, the date of manufacture is a 10-digit date code printed on the side of the cylinder, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture in DDDYY format. Date codes for recalled models manufactured from January 2, 2012 through August 15, 2017 are 00212 through 22717. For units produced before 2007, a date code is not printed on the fire extinguisher.

https://www.consumerreports.org/fire...uisher-recall/

FX Recall Affected Models

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/ki...-discharge-and

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

They sent my replacement new one about a week after I registered the Kidde unit that was mounted beside the companion way / galley. Packed up the old one in the shipping box, and it was returned to them the next day.

I suspect there are many more of these on our boats since they were very convenient and so easy to mount. Check your units, and if part of the recall, make sure you register with Kidde and get them replaced. Safety first!

jimq26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
Captain

Good luck with that! I have reported mine 4 times in 2 months and have not received any info as to when or if they will be replaced!
Three phone calls and two emails and on responce!
Contacted Consumers Product Safety and was told to call t Kidde's customer service phone # only to be put on hold for 20 min.!
I f I do not here from them soon I am going to have to put them back in the boat so I can use it!
Kidde has the worst customer service I have seen!!!
Don
2012 South Bay Pontoon
donald is offline   Reply With Quote