Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID
Question Jabsco fresh water pump warranty

Anyone have any luck with Jabsco "extending" their three year warranty on a water pump? Mine was purchased in July of 2007, and started making noise late last season (probably just after the warranty "officially" ran out). It's one of the projects I had this Spring (to replace) before Endless Summer goes in the water, and after taking it apart yesterday I identified what part puked; the "plate" where the motor shaft attaches, included in what Jabsco calls the "Lower Housing Assembly". Looks and feels like the bearings are shot as you turn it (it's not smooth and it moves in an almost eliptical fashion). There's also evidence of a mud-like material covering it, so obviously one of the seals failed and gunk got into the bearings. Here's a link to the "Exploded View" of the pump assembly, all I need is the further-most right-hand part of "#4", immediately adjacent to the motor itself; http://www.arrid.com.au/pdf/Pump/Jab...0Par%20Max.pdf (page 3).

Gonna call the Jabsco folks on Monday to see if they'll assist me, worst-case scenario is that Lower Housing Assembly can be purchased by itself for $40 ($55 including tax and shipping from http://www.pumpagents.com/cgi-bin/store.pl) but that's a heck of a lot better than $200+ for a brand new pump!

If anyone knows how to get Jabsco to pay for that, I'm all ears!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

Update:
Jabsco (ITT) said they'd replace the pump at no charge... kudos to Jabsco/ITT (specifically the guy I talked to; Roland Steele)... spread the word, Jabsco (now owned by ITT evidenly) takes care of their Customers!