Old 08-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Ensign

Default im a newbie :)

ok I just joined and posted a question without properly introducing myself sorry about that. I just purchased my first boat this spring it is a 1990 2400scr, the boat has done everything I had expected and hasn't let me done yet. The very first thing I did was put 2 31 group batteries in it to make sure I never ran out of juice on the lake. the second thing I did was install a new stereo, all marine Memphis audio stuff, 2 amps pushing well over 1000 watts, 2 10 inch subs and 2 6x9's with a marine kenwood deck it sounds great but could use a couple more 6x9's but that can wait til next year. I was very surprised that everything that should come with the boat was ACTUALLY with the boat. lights all work bimini top and camper enclosure all there and in very good condition. I did have to replace the alternator after the second time out but when changing the alternator out I was a bit surprised to find the original one was still on the boat, it had a date stamped from 1989, not sure if that's common for one to last that long or the boat just wasn't used that much. I'm not sure what the hours are on the boat since it doesn't have an hour meter on it. The boat seems to be in really good condition for its age, I put a buffing wheel to it and some wax and she shines up pretty good now.
as soon as I get the pics off my phone I will post them here.
Thanks for reading about my beginning journey into owning a boat

Acelocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Admiral

Ace, welcome aboard. Sounds like you found yourself a nice boat that has been taken care of. Typically a boat get used 50 -100 hours per year so for a alternator to still be origional isn't out of the question.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Sure sounds like a very positive first boat owning experience Ace. Congratulations.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Ensign

Thankyou all. Just had the boat on a fairly large lake with with tons of bigger boat traffic, let me tell ya Iit was quite the ride. It was lake St. CLAIR in south east michigan it might as well be a great lake by its size. But any how we were there for an event called Raft Off. Every year they try to set a world record of most boats tied together. Dont know if they set the record or not but it was quite the party. Trying to post a pic but I havent figured out how to do that yet
Acelocker is offline   Reply With Quote