Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default How to replace quicksilver 3000 shifter??

Can anyone tell me if I can remove the quicksilver 3000 from the shifter side or do I have to get access to the back somehow? I was under the impression that I need to get access to the back and I'm not sure how in the world I'm going to do that. I have a 2003 2700 and there is an access panel where the full size bed is, but I don't see anyway I could reach up high enough to get to the back of the shifter. Let me know if anyone has some advice on how to tackle this job.

I'm replacing it with a CHX8052P.

Thanks,
Jeremy

golfwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #2

Removed the Neutral button at the fulcrum of the shifter lever. Inside you'll see a nut. Remove the nut to remove the shifter lever itself. From there you can remove the exterior cover. You will need to get to the inside to remove the shifter body itself.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Thanks for the reply Shrew. I think I have the front side figured out. I don't see any easy way to access the inside so I may have to cut an access panel. There is an access panel in the mid berth, but it's about 5 feet up to the shifter. There is no way for me to climb in there or reach it from that panel.
golfwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwins View Post
There is an access panel in the mid berth, but it's about 5 feet up to the shifter. There is no way for me to climb in there or reach it from that panel.
The panel in the mid berth will need to be removed. Then you can stand up in the space and reach the backside.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote