Old 08-25-2018, 02:17 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default HIN of USK

Fellow Maxum Owner's -
For those that have a HIN that begins with USK is that they were built in Dandridge, TN at the Bayliner Marine located at 831 Epco Drive. They built boats there for Maxum Marine from 9/2/87 until 7/26/2000. When I bought my 1992 Maxum 1800SR at the St. Louis Boat show in Feb. 1992 I had looked at the Bayliner versions but took the better choice with the Maxum. Now I found out it was built at the competitor's factory. Find that a little strange but I will take my 1800SR any day!
deanries (Dean) Go Big or Go Home

deanries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #2

I've moved this post to its own thread. There was a bunch of scope creep on the old thread.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #3

Brunswick owned Bayliner, Maxum and Searay for a number of years. They sold Maxum a few years ago. They put Searay on the market to be sold a very short time ago.

Bayliner didn't really build Maxum's for them, and they weren't built at competitors shop. Brunswick owned multiple brands and frequently built multiple brands in the same facility. This is like GM making Chevy and GMC trucks in the same plant. In the early years, they built Maxum's under the Bayliner MIC until they either a new MIC from the Coasts Guard.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Brunswick owned Bayliner, Maxum and Searay for a number of years. They sold Maxum a few years ago. They put Searay on the market to be sold a very short time ago.

Bayliner didn't really build Maxum's for them, and they weren't built at competitors shop. Brunswick owned multiple brands and frequently built multiple brands in the same facility. This is like GM making Chevy and GMC trucks in the same plant. In the early years, they built Maxum's under the Bayliner MIC until they either a new MIC from the Coasts Guard.
That's very informative... I didn't know that about the MIC.
Thanks
Gugi47 is offline   Reply With Quote