Old 08-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Help PLEASE

Hello all,

My in laws just bought a 2003 maxum 2900 scr, I was working on it the other day because of a "mysterious" alarm wound up being the lube oil res for the out drive.

I went to start the boat today to see if that actually got rid of the alarm and i got NO pwr to anything what so ever on the helm gages, I did not get the ignition alarm nor did the Blowers come on.

I can turn the blowers on manually.

I checked all the fuses and all the Curcuit breaks i could find, Toggles the kill switch, wiggled the transmission to see if it was a switch that might be sticking still, nothing. I have also checked every breaker and fuse i could find on the engine and engine bay.

Am i missing a breaker or switch some were that has some how set??? or do i have more sriouse issues?????

Thanks for any help you can give me

Maxumhiredhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
Admiral

welcome to the zoo....assuming that you have made sure that the batt. switches are all on or set to atleast 1 batt in the on position....do you have anything going to the gauges???...if not...does the switch cause the alarms to go off at all??...how bout the connections to the batt's...are they clean and tight??..how bout the ground going to the block??..clean and tight....how bout the electrics going to the starter....???..clean and tight....ok...if you've check all of that....on top of the block there should be a big red push button...it's really really hard to reset...so check that to make sure it's in...now you checked everything.....and everything is clean and tight...the the only thing it can be left is at the starter on the on the main batt. connection there is a white block....it's a fusable link........somehow it burned out.....so...you need to replace it with a new fusable link and then check to see if there is a short in the little black wire that leads from the starter the altenator....follow that and make sure it's not touching any metal to wear the insulation out.....if that still doesn't fix it....time to call a qualified mechanic....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

May seem like a daft question, make sure your kill switch is in the start possition, the other week i had the same problem nothing worked,no beep at the begining, but the engine turned over.
rgeds ash
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

Sorry just noticed you checked kill switch ops:
Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
Ensign

Default Thanks

Ya know i did not evan think of the fusable link thanks for the hint will look at that after i get off duty today.

As far as what i get when i turn the key simple reply is NOTHING on any gages. thats what has me in a tizzy about this thing. I have all other DC power for the blowers and such when i turn them on maually.

BUt i will go kick this thing around again. i will fix this issue.

The boat was jsut ran sunday morning but i will go look at the things you suggest thanks again i will let you know
Old 08-30-2008, 03:47 AM   #6
Ensign

Default thanks

Thanks sea pup

Fuse link fixed it