Old 05-01-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Helm sink water

3100se, my helm, (main deck), sink faucet is connected to hot water even though the line going to the faucet is blue not red. Where could this have been misrigged or is this normal for that sink? I followed the water line as far as I could and couldn't find the supply end hookup, guess it's time to start deconstructing the boat.
Thanks for any help.
BTW all other faucets are working normally.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
Lt. JG

Just changed it on the faucet itself if you don't like it. If the rest of the boat is misrigged as well then my money is on the first T off the water heater.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

LexiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:27 AM   #3
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiP View Post
Just changed it on the faucet itself if you don't like it. If the rest of the boat is misrigged as well then my money is on the first T off the water heater.
Only a single line feeds the cockpit sink. As far as the connections, it’s direct fed from the main output line from the pump. It should be the 3rd tee off the output side of the freshwater pump. If a prior owner changed it, there should be a blue line coming off the water heater output where it was teed in.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #4

I would expect a single feed faucet to be cold. I suspect it was cold from the factory (that is what I normally see) and that is why the line is blue. I suspect the PO decided to disconnect the line from the cold side and install on a hot line, routing hot water to the cockpit sink.

It would be easy enough to do. Find where the cold line T's to the sink. Remove the T connector and replace in an inline connector. Now cut the closest hot water line, insert the T from the cold line and connect the feed to the sink.

follow the line and find where the blue line T's into a hot line. It should be just as easy to reverse. Swap the inline connetor to the hot, and put the T back on the cold.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:38 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Thanks all, found the problem and it was me. The cold water t for the faucet is close to the hot water heater inlet and i believe the water lines near the inlet gets warmed due to convection from the water heater and I just did not let it run long enough to clear the warm water, took about 10-15 secs and the water started getting colder. I had a problem that wasnt there
Old 05-04-2021, 01:12 AM   #6
Captain

Sorry we missed that. Being in FL, we always have to run the tap a bit longer to clear the hot water from the ambient temps. Glad to hear it’s resolved!
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:24 PM   #7

That makes sense. The water lines run from the tanks right next to my 6 cyclinder Diesel. Whenever we shut down the engine, the water is definitely warm for a bit at ANY of the faucets.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote