Here are some pictures of the process. I met the installer in his boat out in what is called Upper Peoria Lake which is a part of the Illinois River. My marina owner does not allow third party vendors to come in and work on boats since he has a shop of his own. I had made the suggestion that I would rent a slip at the local park district marina where they don't care but he said no. So Saturday morning around 11 we did this while the wind was 20 mph and it was a little bit on the rough side with wave action. I don't do well in the cabin when it is like that and my friend that was doing the installation had to take a break also. The old A/C unit came out in 30 minutes and the new one took about 2 hours. The electrical box instead of being mounted on the a/c unit itself, the new one was mounted on the inside cabinet wall. He had a genny on his boat so we used an extension cord to make sure everything worked after it was installed and it did. Everything fit except the condensation hose which I went to Lowes to make up a 6 inch extension for it. It is so much more quieter than the old 15 year old unit and cools so much faster too!
The old unit out!
The new unit getting hooked up. The water hoses both in and out fit perfect.
The old unit was nasty and I has just cleaned last year.
The drain hose , I had to make an extension for it. About 8 bucks worth.
All hooked up and purring like a kitten!! Total cost for unit and installation and the installer got the old unit was a few dollar under $1800.00 which I thought was pretty fair for a 10,000 BTU unit from Dometic.