Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Unhappy fridge replacement.

My friend recently decided to let his kid take a ice pick to the fridge after an ice build up. Needless to say, the ice pick won... Now I have to replace it and the oem is no longer available. Has anyone had any experience with this? I have a 2001 2900scr. Any help would be appreciated. The thought of warm beer is excruciating... Cheers.

Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Captain

google it, as there are lots of marine parts suppliers, units on ebay, as its the same unit in every boat.

sure you can get a used unit.

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Didn't think about used. You think maxum would have the model number?
Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Captain

might as well pull the old one out, and take it to the A/C man, he can probably sotter it, and refill for $150.00

I have the same boat with a:

norcold
dual voltage
model DE-451

the company is in sidney, OH

As I have all my original boat manuals at my desk, and used to "fixing" things....
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Ensign

I replaced the fridge on my 3300SCR about a year ago after my partner did the same thing. I did quite a bit of research on repair and replacement before deciding to just buy a new one. The original Norcold DE-451 is no longer made. the replacement is the NORCOLD DE-0041 ($999 @ West Marine). Almost an exact fit except the controls are on the top instead of the bottom. I had to do a bit of whittling to get it to fit flush. The biggest pain was getting the new fridge to fit through the cabin door opening. I had to remove the fridge door and brackets.

In the end it all worked out well. The new fridge doesn't frost up like the old one did.
intelleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #6

The fridge is a Norcold. That should be very easily replaced. Pull the old one and see if you can pull a model number off of it. Or, measure the height and width of the hole, along with the depth and find a current norcold model that will fit. I would be very confident they still have a model at those dimensions, even if it is a different model number. You could also call Norcold with either the current model or the dimensions and see if they advise on a specific size. This should be an easy replacement.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote