Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #1

Default Finally Started Spring Comissioning

Despite this being the mildest winter I can recall and a spring that started in February, I FINALLY started commisioning this weekend. We removed the shrink wrap, go the canas washed and up along with the isinglass curtains. Of course the canvas is several years beyond needed to be replaced, so of course, I could barely get an snaps to fit. Hopefully when things warm up, I can get a little stretch. It's worked in the past, let's hop I can limp by one more year.

Got the bottom scrubbed and ready for a new coat of bottom paint. The admiral got the cabin cleaned and started uppacking stuff. We managed to get the entire boat washed and 80% of her waxed. I was hoping to get more done, but I think beer got in the way.

Hopefully the new outdrive gets delivered and instaled soon. all that's left is a new fuel filter, serpentine belt, finish waxing, paint the drive and tabs and we're ready to launch.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Same here Shrew, started on mine yesterday.

Got the nifty magnet installed to hold the transom door in its open position. Re-installed the batteries. Swapped out the deck courtesy lights with red LED's, swapped the cabin lights to LED's (and brighter ones at that), and changed the anchor light to LED. Still have to do the actual cleaning tasks and home to complete those this coming weekend.

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #3

Nice Dan!! Looks like you're on projects. We slashed the TODO list on friday night. 'What needs to be done to Launch' & 'What can be done after Launch'. Even wash/wax the cockpit and shampoo the cabin rugs got moved to the AFTER list. I loose 2 weekends in May to teh general 'life' stuff and live a hair over 2 hrs from the boat. I basically have 1 weekend left if i want to launch on Memorial Day weekend. I don' think I'm gonna make it. Hind sight being 20/20 and all...........
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote