Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Admiral

Default fall boating.!!.

well...summer's over and fall is here....dang...I sure hate that...but I guess since we up here in the pacnorwest didn't really have a summer...it's bound to happen.....
yesterday I finally finished setting the boat up for fall/winter boating ...
I cleaned all the batt;s terminals and greased them with electrical grease...then drained all the tanks and water lines..cleaned out the baskets in the strainers in the lines for the ac and genny....then put the dryers out inside the salon and the engine bay...I also demolded the canvas top with a bleach water spray bottle...(2 fingers of bleach and the rest water...spray on the mold and rub it in with the brush)..then let it dry on it's own.....looks like new ...then took care of some repairs that I've been putting off here and there ..like tightening screws and resealing some of the places that need to be resealed.....cleaned all the carpets in the sunbridge and did some general maintenance that needed to be done......
we'll still do some fall and winter boating but atleast the boat is ready incase we don't get to run it much this winter from lousy weather....
hope everyone had a fantastic summer......post some of your stories here!!....we'd love to read them!!....
happy winter!!..

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Commander

86 degrees today here in Tampa. Haven't been going out much because the wife and daughter don't like the Gulf of Mexico in an 18' bowrider.

We miss the lakes in VA. Lakes in FL have gators that kill. Not fun.

Gotta get a bigger boat.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Up here in northern Michigan the summer is gone. Almost all of the boats are put away for the winter. Its been an awesome summer and we hate to see it go, but, hunting, ice fishing, hockey, and snow skiing are right around the corner.
swilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
Ensign

Just returned from last trip to powell for the season. Day 1 the wind blew hard enuff We pulled up to a sand spit with the nose into the wind I put all 3 anchors out to hold us. But mother nature still got the best of us and shifted the wind to the side in middle of the night, the wind pushed the boat to the port side about 4 feet into a shallower area. This along with the lake level dropping We woke to a very stable boat literally sitting on the sand. We were able to drop the outdrive just enuff to run it and get the prop in the water, this along with me pushing on the nose turned out to be enuff to slide it off the sand into deeper water, whew that was a close call. Day 2 after escaping the sand bar was perfect, sunny and calm. Day 3 started real nice but by the time We got up and around it started to spinkle, We decided to call it a weekend and head home. Not soon enuff, by the time We dumped the poty at Halls and started for the ramp at bullfrog it was raining so hard We finnaly just stopped in the middle of the bay and just hung out till the rain let up. And so went the last lake trip for the season for us. Now I need to go out to the boat in the driveway and clean up the soggy mess. :roll:
Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Lieutenant

pulling mine out next week and doing the shrink wrap myself like last year. went way way too fast this summer.
NWINMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote