Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default enclosure curtains "glass" plexiglass material

I am looking at having a custom camper enclosure made for my 2600SE. I have the bimini top and camper top but I need front curtain(windshield) side curtains and rear Aft curtain.

It has been difficult to get my model, 2600SE. Leta's can't help me and another guy in Long Island, NY said my boat would cost more than most because of the odd hull. one year only.

Anyway now i am looking at a custom job locally and i have a quote of $4,200 using material 40 mil strataglass. or $3,200 using 30 mil roll glass.

i am looking for feedback if you think there is a great difference in quality and longivety between the quality. I have seen he 40 mil strataglass and it is very clear.

The custom shop is telling me that the lower 30 mil will deteriorate much quicker and difficult to clean. He thinks the factory stuff would be 20 mil, maybe 30 mil but no better.

All opinions/experience welcome.

Thanks,

Drew

cassymai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #2

I had my front's and side's done last year for $800.00. I have a buddy that had a drop curtain in the back and the ftont's and sides for his walk-around last year by a different person for about 1,200. I used Strataglass on mine, however I think it's 30 mil. This seems a bit steep to me.

Where are you located?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Shrew,

The boat is located in South Jersey, Jersey shore.

I have only spoke with one local canvas shop in Sea Isle City, NJ that when I asked around had a great reputation.

He is close to the boat and I don't have a trailer, boat stays in a slip so I need to find someone close by.

What the canvas guy tells me, or at least what I am understanding is that the strataglass is 40 mil.

I need front windshield, 3 panels, side curtains (orignal is 4 panels, 2 on each side he is quoting me 6 panels, 3 on each side), and rear aft curtain which is 3 panels.

Thanks for your input

Drew
cassymai is offline   Reply With Quote