Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Chrome 3d letters

Ok all has anybody ever found quality chrome 3d letters for marine use. My 3300 has emblems on both sides that say 3300 SCR they were originally put on with a slight brown color but over the years have started to become two tone.

As things look I am doing a major out of the water cleaning, waxing, prop fixing, fluid changing overhaul this next week. (wife had surgery, kids are with grandma all week and I have four nights to work on her) part of this is to remove those old 3d letters and wanted to go back with chrome but having a hell of a time finding anything over 1".

Also as projects go I will be removing the late 90's aqua green stripe from the top and bottom of the boat as it has peeled a little and annoys me. I think it's the only thing on her that ages her at all. So it's coming off and lot of wax and bottom paint touch up is going on.

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #2

Hey tackleshep,
Here is what I did to replace mine, black with gold shadow 3" tall. Regarding that wax, you might want to consider upgrading to Poliglow.... no buffing required!!
http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...xing-has-begun

Bella Sera 3300SCR

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Lt. JG

You tube has some pretty cool ideas....
Twmcneilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

Ok Bella, I'm sold on the poly......do you remember where you ordered those letters/numbers. Are they just standard marine letters as I have a shop that I can get those cheap or are they special or 3d in some way?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

ok poly ordered in bulk. I hope they ship fast. I'm ready to give this a shot with the boat on dry land.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #6

Hey Tackleshep,

They are from: https://www.boat-lettering.com/order/ got them in two days. They are simple 3" black with gold shadowing which gives them a somewhat 3D look.

Regarding the Poliglow, read my post regarding the process. The best advice: The boat MUST be clean before application, all the wax MUST be removed, ONLY leave the stains that you want sealed in :-0

Let me know if you have any further ?'s

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

wow - so they are not raised or 3d but just quality stickers with shadowing? Thats awesome my dock neighbor owns a printing company who can do all that......
Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Regarding the polyglow I've watched the videos and read the material. it should be here early next week and I'm thinking that there is a girl at the marina who will wash boats for about 3 bucks a foot. I'm thinking about giving her the pre-treatment and letting her take a day and clean the hell out of it. I will then have the energy to go back, check for stains and still have the mental capacity to apply the sealant.