Old 09-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Cabin Door Key

Just a quick thought regarding cabin door keys for Maxum owners for anyone who may not have a spare set or two of keys. Since the line will be discontinued sometime in the future, and support ought to be discontinued after warranties expire I believe, I was thinking about how we only had one cabin door key when we bought our Maxum back in December.

We went to a locksmith to copy the key because we like to keep 1 set of boat keys in each car so we never get to our boat and have forgotten the keys.

The locksmith said the key was proprietary and a copy couldn't be made so suggested contacting Maxum who affirmed it. Maxum parts/support were great and mailed us 2 cabin door keys, free of charge within a few days. The ignition key was no problem to copy.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Admiral

Default Re: Cabin Door Key

a couple of yrs ago I lost my keys as it jumped overboard at poulsbo....had to hotwire the boat to get back home...well...I then called up the shop at maxum/searay/bayliner...and had jim order me 4 sets of keys..one was hidden only where I knew I could find it..one was the keys for the boat that we use on a daily basis..one was set in the cabin...and one was the replacement from the ones that escaped to freedom......

let me tell you...that sure makes life soooo much easier knowing I'll never get myself stranded again....

cost to me was about 10 bucks for 4 sets of keys...

SP irate:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote