Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Brunswick in trouble

http://www.boatingbusiness.com/archive1 ... 50_jobs_go

Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
Admiral

yep...and the navasau plant is the one they let us tour last may......this is really a sad day to see so many lives disrupted and so many plants closing...not good....not good at all..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Send a message via MSN to Brit Rider

They'll be fine - Brunswick isn't in bad shape they're just doing the sensible thing. Never good to see jobs go though... I guess its just economics.

This is interesting and where most boating news outlets get their news from:
http://www.ibinews.com/ibinews/newsd...26ibinews.html
Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

>Brunswick isn't in bad shape

Share owners might not agree :-) 84% share loss in value in 12 months, down to $3.29
Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

I agree, they'll be pissed. But Brunswick aren't in trouble - They're just having a crap patch. They've had it good for a long time through their competitive advantages and sheer economies of scale. Seems like now the markets got more competitive (due to shrinking demand) - They are simply following correctly by downsizing and re-evaluating their position.

They aren't in trouble, they're just executing a smart plan to stay on top.

Malibu boats are doing it another way - they are about to bring budget wakeboard boats to market (under the brand 'Axis wake research') to meet the glut of demand for cheaper boats as people find them selves less able to purchase high spec wakeboard boats.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Rider
I agree, they'll be pissed. But Brunswick aren't in trouble - They're just having a crap patch. .....

snip

OOOPs ... time to rethink that view.

Brunswick are more than a little in trouble by the sound of things ... and having announced discontinuation of the Maxum line, hope they don't fold altogether.
So no nice new Maxum for me next year - that is a pity.
have to find another brand, and I have been so happy with my 1800SR3. ... maybe SeaRay or Bryant need a look.

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/4992 ... axum-boats
Old 10-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
Lt. Commander

Default Re: Brunswick in trouble

I still stand by it... They are following what they need to do in order to stay on top. Drastically reduced output and profits for sure, but they'll bounce back. They've been through many recessions before and have massive assets at their hands. I wouldn't think Maxum will be the last brand to go, but there's no way Brunswick will go anywhere near bump (They are better now than they were 11 months ago!) Their shares got all the way down to sub $2 at one point! Back up at around $11-12 now... Just imagine where those shares could hit once confidence is restored....

Remember, Brunswick isn't just Maxum, Bayliner and Searay...
It's Mercruiser, Mercury (This biggest selling power plant brands - which many boat companies will be locked into purchasing), Quicksilver parts (All those engines out there, especially those in warranty, need oil and impellers etc) and almost 40 boat brands. Additionally they have their billiands, bowling and fitness businesses.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Lt. Commander

Default Re: Brunswick in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Rider
I still stand by it... They are following what they need to do in order to stay on top. Drastically reduced output and profits for sure, but they'll bounce back. They've been through many recessions before and have massive assets at their hands. I wouldn't think Maxum will be the last brand to go, but there's no way Brunswick will go anywhere near bump (They are better now than they were 11 months ago!) Their shares got all the way down to sub $2 at one point! Back up at around $11-12 now... Just imagine where those shares could hit once confidence is restored....

Remember, Brunswick isn't just Maxum, Bayliner and Searay...
It's Mercruiser, Mercury (This biggest selling power plant brands - which many boat companies will be locked into purchasing), Quicksilver parts (All those engines out there, especially those in warranty, need oil and impellers etc) and almost 40 boat brands. Additionally they have their billiands, bowling and fitness businesses.

agree on that .... I went to web site and there are 35 different lines of boats manufactured.

Interesting that one Maxum plant in Miami just been sold to Tracker Marine Group - they own Tahoe, Mako, Saeacraft etc.