Old 03-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Commander

Default Bowrider Owners – Boat Tent

So a couple of weeks ago I’m perusing the internet looking for various boating accessories and came across a picture of a new Yamaha bowrider, probably a 21 footer, and on the front of the boat was a factory made tent! Zippered windows and door, tall enough to stand up in. I had never seen one or heard of one but thought it was a really cool idea that allowed a bit more functionality out of an open bow runabout.

While the Yamaha boat tent was specifically for Yamaha boats, I assumed if there’s one, there must be others and I was right, well, I found 1 other. Turns out the second one I found is made by Taylor Made Products who I believe is owned by US Marine. I know the glass in my Maxum came from Taylor Made. So they have what they call their BoaTent and it is very much identical to the Yamaha tent.

Then I went about finding a retailer. Overtons has a page for it but said it is discontinued. Two other internet retailers had pages for it but also said it was discontinued. I finally found a retailer who said they had them in stock. I ordered one from Go2Marine for the affordable price of $179. They only have blue. I received it yesterday and will play with it this upcoming weekend.

I found a review for it where the owner really liked it and used it to let their kids get out of the sun on those full days out on the lake. For those adventurous types, I think anchoring in a quite cove and being able to spend the night on your bowrider sounds kinda fun. I don’t know if I’ll ever get to try that out on the Gulf, I hear there are some islands south of me that might have a cove or two. I’ll update this if we ever use it.

I thought I would share as I have never seen one before. It appears as if Taylor Made doesn’t make them anymore. Probably not a big seller. Maxum should have these as an option through their catalog like Yamaha does. But if you are interested, Go2Marine.com has them in stock. How many I don’t know.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Commander

Great find. Please post some pictures when you use it.

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote