Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Bought a Maxum

Hello to all.. I have just bought a 2006 built, commissioned in 2008 Maxum 2400SC3, with 93 hours on clock. It is my first power boat and I have had two great days out so far and love the boat. It is approaching winter here in the UK and will have to wait now for the new season before I get out on the sea again. I have looked for accessories and I keep getting diverted to Bayliner? I assume they bought out Maxum? I am interested in buying some new carpets for the cockpit and also a camper type cover that surrounds the cockpit for cooler wetter days, where i can enjoy her inland on the river Thames around london area I am unsure what this cover thing is called or where to get one, someone suggested the USA is best place for this.. Anyone out there able to direct me to a good Maxum accessories site or dealer in USA? Any info welcome on any topic and will keep an eye on this site for info..
regards
Dave

davemellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

From one 2400 SC3 (2004 MY) owner to another welcome aboard Dave. You evidently have discriminating taste in boats!.

For the canvas call Leta's Top Shop. They have all the original patterns so they can whip them up for you at a very fair and reasonable price. Don't bother emailing - calling is the best way to reach them. http://www.letastopshop.com/

For the carpets - there is a Vendor that is on this site but I forget the name - someone else will chime in.

Technically, the MAXUM brand no long exists. Brunswick corporation, which also owns Sea Ray and Bayliner, discontinued MAXUM some time ago but many of the parts unique to Maxum's are still available through Bayliner and Sea Ray dealers. It does help if you have the actual part number. Go here: http://maxumcustomercare.com/ to look them up.

Regards,

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #3

Hi, Dave!!! Welcome aboard!!

Brunswick is the largest manufacturer of pleasure boats in the world and they own about 35 brands of boats, including Searay, Bayliner, Maxum. For those folks who claim that these are not high end brands, then I like to mention that they also own Cabo, Hatteras and Boston Whaler as well. Brunswick bought Maxum back in the mid 1990's, however they discontinued the brand last year due a drop in demand in recreational boats and didn't need to maintain 3 boats in the runabout to express cruiser range. They retained Searay and Bayliner. In many cases parts for Bayliner, Searay and Maxum are interchangeable and any Bayliner or Searay dealer can order parts for Maxum as well.

The cockpit cover you are referring to is usually called a cavas cover, or bimini top. Because of your year, they MIGHT still have those in stock. Otherwise, you'd have to find a local marine canvas person to have one custom made for you. That is typically what most people do.

Leta's Top Shop bought all the Maxum patterns and can have one made for you. As for parts....take a look at the Sticky threads at the top of the General category and you will find one for contacting Maxum Customer Service and this includes references for parts as well. There should be a sticky thread there for carpet replacements as well. One of our members has a large number of carpet templates on file and can make these for you as well.

Start with the sticky threads at the top of the General page and see where that gets you. Then let us know what questions and problems you still have.

Again, welcome aboard and congrats on the new boat.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #4

LOL, SS we were typing at the same time. If I weren't so long winded I would have beat you. DOH!!!!

Since SS was kind enough to post the links for Leta's and MAxum Customer Care (and I was just plain lazy), here is the link for the carpets:

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...plates-on-file
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

No worries Shrew, I'm making an attempt to not be so long winded but, I tell ya, it is a struggle of monumental proportions.

Dave, regarding the canvas enclosures. I can only speak to what my SC3 has, which is the factory bimini top, the front curtain - which zippers onto the forward top edge of the bimini and then snaps to the top front of the windscreen frame, the roughly triangular shaped side curtains - which zipper onto the top sides of the bimini and also to the sides of the front curtain then snaps onto the sides of the windscreen frame, then finally the rear slant back enclosure - which zippers onto the top rear of the bimini and to the rear of each side curtain, and then snaps onto the outer edge of the cockpit from the end of the windscreen frame around the back of the boat to the end of the WS frame on the other side.

Darn it....am sooo not making my goal.....
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
Admiral

welcome to the zoo dave...what those two windbags said......I live not far from Leta's and she has done excellent work over the yrs.....highly recommend her product.....

as for cockpit carpets....the carpets being shown in the site here is of excellent quality and work great..(got some for my swimstep...)....great service and customer care...

SP

Ps...that's how you make a quick post guys!!!
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
Ensign

Great help Dan many thanks will follow that up
Old 10-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Ensign

All many thanks for the replies i am on to all that I have contacted Corinthian carpets and will be in touch with Letas on Monday regards Dave