Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Commander

Default Boating Season Starts when????

I am hoping 5 weeks till boat hits the water once again here in southern Maryland… WooHooo. I have a 4 days off next weekend so I plan on uncovering the boat and finish up the last of the repairs that need done.

Anyone else gonna start Boating again in March?

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Captain

that depends if there are an governmental boating mandates issued by the white house in the next four weeks......

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Admiral

it also depends on if I can get my admirable un-afraid of the boat or teach her how to drive it.....otherwise I'm hosed...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #4

When does spring commissioning start, or when does the hull splash? I'll start spring commissioning and projects around mid april. Hull splashes the weekend before Memorial Day.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

March, Todd? Still too cold for us.

I'll probably run down the to marina to bring the boat home sometime in April and hope for a splash in May.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
Commander

August 1984 I moved from southern Ohio to Charlotte, NC and have boated almost year around since. Took the Admiral Valentines shopping this evening so we are back at the house. Headed to boat in the morning to replace the distributor caps and wires tomorrow as well as pull the risers for annual inspection.
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Captain

at this moment about 5 inches of frozen water everywhere in the netherlands, last week during the nights temps of about -9.8 F. coming week temps just above freezing level, but after that maybe a cold period again.......

end of march would be a perfect time to let her swim, but if it's possible.........thats the question.......

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
MCM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
it also depends on if I can get my admirable un-afraid of the boat or teach her how to drive it.....otherwise I'm hosed...

SP
Hey SP, I'll be your Ships Duty Officer for the day. I'm sure I could glean some much needed knowledge off of ya.

"Aurora" 1996 Maxum 3200 SCR - Poulsbo, WA
MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
Lieutenant

Went out for a little while today but I will tell that after a few beers I was looking for someone with warm hands. It was a little chilly out there.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
Lt. Commander

The plan was to launch for the first 2012 boat trip this weekend, like I did around this time last year. I was anxious to test drive the boat to see if the fuel consumption problem is really fixed. The weather didn't cooporate though - too much rain and wind. The forecast is not much better for next weekend, but hopefully that will change.....
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
Lieutenant

Almost wish I didn't pull it last October as winter has hardly shown its ugly face this year. If temps continue to remain mild (35-45 degrees) I will pull off the cover in early march and start getting her ready for a mid April launch. Probably not much running time on the bay but at least I could enjoy some slip time. Usual boating season around here is memorial day to Columbus day. Hell, around here, even a rainy chilly day at the marina is a better day than staying couped up inside the house.
Happy boating!!
ccruser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Lt. Commander

You are waiting until March? Oh wait, I live in Florida. Joking of course, and yes I plan on being in the water in March too. Dropped mine off last week for a re-do of the upholstery and ordered some smart tabs sx for this year. Soon as she gets back to me I will install them and service it. Hopefully it will be be good to go as the gimble bearing and all boots, along with the impeller , were replaced last year. I do still have that minor squeaking noise coming from the belt/engine area, but hopefully I can figure it out before then.
dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
Commander

Spent this past Saturday & Sunday on the boat but couldn't leave the slip as the props were sent off last week to get refreshened. Got my fingers crossed hoping they will be back next week. Saturday I did the caps & wires, checked the throttle and tranny cable adjustments, and pulled the right exhaust elbow off of the port engine. Even though this boat spent its first two years in salt water and the last 11 in fresh then risers look like they can go another 8 or 10 years. Our son has our 1993 Regal with a 5.7 Merc and it still has all the original exhaust.
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
Commander

Welllll ..... one can always hope its not too cold to out fishing, A friend of mine lives at Clarks Landing and they are putting in the end of Feb. The good news is the Adult beverages wont get warm.. Hahahaha
Todd

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote