Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default boat tranport scam

I saw an ad for a 98 31' sea ray sundancer with new motors. Price $4500. I contacted the seller and told him I would come down to SC. this weekend to see it and take it home, the response I got was :
i sell the boat because i dont have time for her becuase of my work if you are still interested the deal will go through a shipping company Global Delivery LTD. In this way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well. A refund policy will be included.
If you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name, shipping address and phone# so that i can forward them to Global Delivery LTD. They will send you a complete list with instructions.
I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Thanks

Ok, I have know this is a scam. My question is Global Delivery LTD a real company or is it a scam too?

bka56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Commander

Global Delivery LTD not real. Global Delivery Service, LLC is a real company in TX.

Global Delivery LTD is listed on several internet fraud and online scam forums as a phishing site.

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Admiral

nope...run....don't walk from this one..and who in thier right minds would sell a searay with new engines for 4500 bucks..

has scam all over it...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Lt. JG

I've e-mailed this guy about the boat a few times just to piss him off. His responses just keep getting wilder all the time. The bad part is someone will probally fall for it thinking they are getting the deal of a life time.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #5

Please feel free to post some of the whacky replies. I'm sure it would make good reading.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Lt. JG

You asked for it so here they are.

If you are interested and want to buy the boat you will not have to pay any taxes in usa because the boat is already registered there. To make the deal I propose to use the escrow service. I already have the boat in their custody,prepared in a contained to be shipped to the address where I will make the transaction. Shipping charges, documentation and bureaucracy will not be a problem because I work with them for a few years and to ship the boat to you. I will pay only a few fees to them (I have a lot of discounts because I am an old client to their agency). You will pay only the money for the boat.If you are interested to make the deal please let me know and I will try to provide you all the necessary details to make the transaction. I will wait your answer.
Thanks !
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
Lt. JG

I realy dont belive this guy:
Here's a copy of my last e-mail to him:

I'm sorry but I have no idea what your talking about! If I'm buying a boat from you and the boat is in SC. as stated in the add I should be able to go there and see the boat. Then after I see the boat I would give you cash then load the boat on my trailer and take it home with me! This is not the first time I have bought a boat. However it is the first time The person I was buying the boat from would not give me an address where I could see the boat before I buy it.

Here's his response:

HYou must make the advance payment of 50% that means $2500 and the rest after you receive the boat. I know what is the procedure to make the papers and you will not have any problems. Here you have all the necessary details to start the transaction with the escrow service:
1. To start the transaction I will need your full name and address.
2. The boat is already in the company custody and ready for shipping, also with all the documents for registration. We do not have access to the documents of the boat until it will arrive to your location. They will need your signature to open them and I will not be able to give you any kind of information regarding the boat.
3. After I will pay all the necessary fees to them you will receive an e-mail from them with the details of the transaction (shipping and payment).
4. You will have to pay to them in advance 50% from the price of the boat and send the details of your payment to them. The shipping procedure will not start until you will not pay the money to the escrow service company.
5. After the payment is verified the escrow service will ship the boat to your location and it will arrive in maximum 12 working days. The payment will remain in the escrow service company trust account until you decide if you want to keep the boat or not.
6. You will have the boat in your custody for 2 weeks to test it. Also you will have the papers so you can go and verify them so you can see you will not have to pay any taxes. The escrow agent responsible with the transaction will make all the papers to take the boat on your name.
7. After the 2 weeks of inspection if you decide to keep the boat you will close the papers with the escrow service and give them the rest of the money for it(you will have a limit if 100 Hours to drive the boat). If you do not want to keep it the escrow service will take the boat back and you will receive your money in 24 hours.

So if you are agree with this terms please send me your full name and address to begin the transaction.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #8
Lt. JG

OK, when I first saw the add I thought at this price either the motors are gone and it has damage to the hull or it's a misprint. this was the first e-mail I got when I first inquired about the boat:

The boat it is in excellent condition it has new motors! great condition seperate rear state room and middle head. one motor has 0 hours on it one has 70 hours on it. This is on of the cleanest 310 in the country. This boat has all the standard features including an new camper canvas and cockpit carpet. The price is $4500 . Thanks and let me know if you are still interested
Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #9
Admiral

um....does the iberia scam sound familiar???...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #10

I love that you can't look at it or touch it, but you can use it for a while and if you don't like it you can return it.

Let's keep in mind how 'possesion' works. (It is, after all 9/10ths of the law. This in itself is a misnomer frequently misinterpretted. Possession being 9/10ths of the law DOES NOT mean that he who possesses in 90% in the right. Rather it means that aproximately 90% of all laws written are addressing and regarding concepts of possession and transfer of property or services).

So, when shipping items, the 'incoterms' of the shipping infer possession and owership.

Collect: This means that YOU pay the shipping. Typically shipping costs are collected from you by the shipping agent. When that shipping agent takes possesion of the product from the seller the shipping agent is acting as YOUR shipping agent and therefore an extension of you. This means that once the shipping agent signs for receipt of the product, YOU own the product. Any shipping claim as a result of damage or product condition is between you and your shipping agent. If the product arrives damaged, the seller is no longer responsible. This includes the overall condition of the product. The shipping agent needs to inspect and approve of the condition on your behalf.

Prepaid: This means the seller is pre-paying the shipping costs. Whether he includes those shipping costs on the price of the item is up the seller. However, the price is a delievered price. Therefore the shipping agent is an agent of the seller. When the shipping agent takes possession, the seller stills owns the product. Therefore the transfer of possession doesn't occur until you sign for the product and accept receipt. If the product is damaaged upon delievery you can opt to NOT sign for the product and take possession. At that point the seller still technically possesses the product and the damage claim is between the seller the the shipping agent.

Pre-Paid and Add: This is similar to Prepaid. However the shipping cost is a seperate line item on the billing statement and bill of lading (shipping documentation). The same applies in regards to transfer of possession as Prepaid. The Seller owns the product until you sign accepting reciept.

It is very important to understand that possesion is not transferred until the item is signed for. NOT when the truck pulls into your driveway UNLESS you are using COLLECT incoterms. Remember that a store Pickup is a Collect Shipment as is when your shipping agent picks up the item on your behalf. So, in a nutshell, he who pays and arranges pick-up/Delievery possess the item until reciept by the buyer. In this case, if the seller is payign the freight it is a Prepaid shipment and therefore you don't technically take possession or own the item until you sign for the recipt of the item.

Consider this whenever you buy anything. always insist on pre-paid or pre-paid and add incoterms. Always inspect the product prior to signing for reciept of the product. If you were to give money to this seller, you would transfer payment before taking possession.

Just something to think about.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

This was so great a deal I didn't want to chance losing out. So, I sent him all the money (plus a little extra as a tip for all of his work setting up the escrow, shipping, etc.) and am waiting for confirmation that my soon to be new boat is in transit. The slip is already rented and paid for. I will post photos soon.......of course......they won't be of the non-existent boat but rather the photos will be of me kicking this guys ***** and then his mug shot! Can't fathom people falling for this type of scam but some must.

New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote