Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Boat Striping

Hi everyone, I am looking at restriping my boat. Does anyone have recomendations on who to order from and what type " Reflective or Non reflective striping "

rjrcmr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Admiral

The sky is the limit here on that one. Only your creativity will hold you back. Go online or go down to your autobody shop and look at their catalogs. It is all the same. The pinstripe for a car or truck will work on a boat just as well.

I wonder if they make a computer program for your PC that you can start with a blank boat pic and start adding stripe and color to it just to see how it would turn out.

Have fun and take pictures!

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Lt. JG

Greatlakesskipper.com has a lot online... I don't they they have reflective though
M & M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
Admiral

You might remember this being from Illinois but somewhere back about 10 years ago the Illinois state legislature tried to pass a law that would mandate you having reflective striping on your boat. That idea was shot down very quickly and for a good reason.

It is not a requirement and I would not recommend that you not put it on your boat because of the reflective glare that it would cause at night. If your concerned about being seen driving your boat at night that is why you have your white stern light and your green and red bow lights. That glare caused by the reflective tape might not let someone see the lights that he or she is suppose to see. So now your causing an accident waiting to happen.

So food for thought here........if it isn't safe to be out there at night driving your boat.........it ain't safe no matter what you got stuck to the side of your boat.

Talk to other boaters about this and get their thoughts...........

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote