Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
Commander

Default bellingham

I would like to plan a trip next year I will start at bellingham marina and go south about 3 days could anyone advise a route and ports to stop at that are sheltered as this will be our first trip to the salt chuck (2400scr)we now boat on harrison lake (canada) about 40 mile long and 3' wave would be the biggest we have to deal with .thanks

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Admiral

Default Re: bellingham

Hey Canuk!!!...nice seeing you back here again...
I think it all depends on where your ultimate destination is...there are tons of places and it also depends on which direction you want to head tooo...heading south.....you can hit the San Juan islands...once in there ..it is pretty protected...blakely island marina is extremely well protected.....then there's friday harbor...busy port but has everything there in the town...luxury is roche harbor...extremely nice ...very accomodating and protected....

now going straight south...go thru the la connor cut....well protected...la connor has a nice town and well protected....going further south thru the cut is oak harbor which is on the east side of whidbey island......nice waters usually as long as you make the run south before the winds kick up......
further south is everett marina..(my home)...gets lumpy the closer you get to everett but once in the river the water smooths out quite alot........if you come down this far..let me know, we'd meet up at anthony's and I'll buy ya a beer...

further south is edmonds...now your getting into open waters and you need to time it so that the winds don't kick up and cause the snotty water........then you get into seattle and over on the kitsap is poulsbo, bremerton, port orchard and gig harbor...further south is tacoma and olympia..where I've never been too.......

SP irate:

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Commander

Default Re: bellingham

thanks SP for the info and yes I will give you a shout if I get down that far.We drove to bellingham marna and were impressed very nice .We have been told that boating is great down there so we will give it a try next summer thanks for the help.
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote