Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Commander

With the two added house batteries the voltage only dropped to 12.1 volts by Sunday afternoon. The draw was basically the same as it is all the other 40 plus weekends we spend on the water each year but this time the genny operation was a little different. I ran it 2 hours Friday night to cool things down. I did not run it at all Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon around 4:00 I fired her up to cool the cabin down as our son and their 7 month old was coming for the night. At 8:30 while watching the NBA game the TV lost power. I noticed that all 120V was off and thought a breaker tripped. No such luck. Even though the genny is runny smoothly the back end is not putting out any voltage. I pulled the genny's panel cover and checked for voltage straight off the windings and nothing. The Westerbeke service man hopes to check it out early next week. The entire back end was replaced 5 years ago this August at $2,900. I am hoping this time its something less expensive like a capacitor or diode. It has 1135 hours. A new 7.0 runs almost $8k. And the Admiral thought I was complaining about having to pay $800 for a new ice maker.

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
Ensign

Not really too moved with the idea of going with the specific batter component just because of the brand. And though they might speak of something that would work to the advantage of the piece itself, it would still be a lot different to actually make use of it just like that. The problem is going to be with an unsuspecting piece that would not really work that well for you.

orrtan is offline   Reply With Quote