Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
Admiral

Default Back on the lake

It's been a few months but we drove up today, grabbed the cruiser out of storage and am currently sitting in a slip at Wahweap Marina ready to head up lake tomorrow. Met up with a buddy earlier and he is in the slip next to us. Him and I went and pulled 2 friends cruisers out of storage and have them all gassed up and ready to go in a couple slips next to us as well.... They will be showing up in a few hours so we did not want them to have to deal with launching their boats. Tomorrow we all head up lake for a week..

It's nice to be on the lake again with most of the yahoos gone for the season. Only hitch in the plan is that the Dangling Rope Marina up lake had an issue with their lift pump and do not have water. We typically top off our fresh water tanks mid week at that marina so we are having to strap (4) 5 gallon water jugs to the bow railing (looks redneck).... First world problem - right.

Love this time of year on the lake....

Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Captain

I am envious.
Have not had my boat in the water this year, thanks to the lockdown.
Just as it lifted in June we went to Mn. and bought a house there, so we have been getting our CA. property ready to sell.
Had to put in a new road as the DOPPERS that also use the common road just tear it up and want someone else to fix it.
Have fun be safe and have a COLD ONE for me.
Don

2012 South Bay Pontoon
donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Happy for you!
neverthesame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:13 AM   #4
Ensign

I'm planning on heading down there mid-November...will you still be around? I'm new to the forum but have read most of your posts as Powell is where we are planning on spending our winter & spring.
BigSkyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #5
Admiral

No trips to the lake planned in Nov at this point. We will be in Hawaii for 2 weeks burning the last of my 2020 PTO....

I'm available to answer any of your questions though. Do you plane to leave the boat in a slip or dry storage? What boat do you have?

Do you plan to launch at the North end or South end?
Old 10-23-2020, 10:38 PM   #6
Ensign

I'm on a wait list for a slip, but they haven't given me much hope of getting one...

So, for now I will be dry storing it. Probably at Antelope Point, but I'm on Wahweap's wait list too.

We have a '96 2700SCR.

Thanks,

Todd
BigSkyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
Admiral

I highly recommend Big Water Storage. I have stored with them for years. Indoors and plugged in to keep the batteries charged - Big Water Boat Storage

You call and let them know you are coming and they pull the boat out. 8 Miles to the Stateline Ramp and there is a gas station halfway for gas and ice etc... Works out great for us.

Downside to Antelope is you have to deal with the maytag straights (rough water) on busy weekends (not as bad in the winter). I'd prefer Wahweap as long as the cut is open.

Your boat is perfect for the lake. Big enough to be comfortable but also small enough to access some of the deeper canyons..