Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Admiral

Default anyone going out this weekend??

well..I've finally gotten a window of decent weather...supposed to be pretty nice this weekend...so...any pnw'ers running out there...we'll be heading up to laConner for the weekend.....hope the weather holds..

what are your plans??

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Commander

every weekend from here on out.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:01 AM   #3
Lt. JG

Still under thick ice ... but it is great to read about others getting out.
northerntrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
Admiral

well...it was fun!!...there was scheduled to be a minus tide at about 4pm...which meant I probably wouldn't be able to launch the boat.....so..lunch time friday I ran out to our marina (boat is dry stored)...we dropped the boat in and tied it to the dock...at about 5pm...after the wife and I loaded the truck with our stuff....grabbed the kids..(2 dogs) and raced to the boat...
we got underway right about about 5pm and got up to LaConner Wa. about an hr and a half later...we stopped at my brother in law's place where he took a few pic's from his back deck..(he has the million dollar view on whidbey island.....we then ran around the corner to LaConner and got to the marina at about 7pm...or so...
saturday morning woke up to a gorgeous day...hi's around the upper 70's...we napped...I got to wax some of the port side of the boat that I can't usually get while it's on the blocks...then met up with the Brother in law and his wife for lunch.....they had managed to print and mount a great picture of my boat in the water....
we had a good evening watching the sunset and watched a movie afterwards....we got this morning, had breakfast, then got some gas at the gas pumps....it was shocking...3.99/gal.....our marina in the past few days raised the price of gas up from 3.34 to 4.10gal....the local marina is at 3.98gal....this is rediculous....there isn't a reason in the world for the gas to be this high.....we're all getting gouged for no reason...other than greed....ok..off my soap box...looks like we're gonna have a light boating yr until the price of gas can come down.....
hope everyone had a great weekend....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 04-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #5
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
well...it was fun!!...there was scheduled to be a minus tide at about 4pm...which meant I probably wouldn't be able to launch the boat.....so..lunch time friday I ran out to our marina (boat is dry stored)...we dropped the boat in and tied it to the dock...at about 5pm...after the wife and I loaded the truck with our stuff....grabbed the kids..(2 dogs) and raced to the boat...
we got underway right about about 5pm and got up to LaConner Wa. about an hr and a half later...we stopped at my brother in law's place where he took a few pic's from his back deck..(he has the million dollar view on whidbey island.....we then ran around the corner to LaConner and got to the marina at about 7pm...or so...
saturday morning woke up to a gorgeous day...hi's around the upper 70's...we napped...I got to wax some of the port side of the boat that I can't usually get while it's on the blocks...then met up with the Brother in law and his wife for lunch.....they had managed to print and mount a great picture of my boat in the water....
we had a good evening watching the sunset and watched a movie afterwards....we got this morning, had breakfast, then got some gas at the gas pumps....it was shocking...3.99/gal.....our marina in the past few days raised the price of gas up from 3.34 to 4.10gal....the local marina is at 3.98gal....this is rediculous....there isn't a reason in the world for the gas to be this high.....we're all getting gouged for no reason...other than greed....ok..off my soap box...looks like we're gonna have a light boating yr until the price of gas can come down.....
hope everyone had a great weekend....

SP
Sounds like a great weekend! Will you adopt me?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
Admiral

[/quote]

Sounds like a great weekend! Will you adopt me? [/quote]

depends on how much you contributing to the gas tank!!....
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 04-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
Commander

Sounds like a great weekend! Will you adopt me? [/quote]

depends on how much you contributing to the gas tank!!.... [/quote]

Hmm, on second thought...start taking some picture man! I bet the scenery on your voyages are fantastic.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
Admiral

yeah..it was and I completely forgot to pull the digicam out...will try and do better....

SP

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang