Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default almost funny

I dropped my boat off for repairs at the end of September. I went to check out the progress on the boat and found beer bottles in the cockpit and 2 empty 12 packs. When i got up into the boat I found empty food containers. Then for the best part When I opened the cabin I found out someone had been living in my boat! I called the police and they told me they couldn't do anything unless they caught the person in the boat. I told the owner of the shop and he was surprised. He' cleaning the boat up for me an he reduced the bill on repairs. I'm not happy but is kinda funny that a homeless person moved in to my boat while it was sitting on his lot waiting repairs.

bka56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Captain

i hope he didnt used your toilet...........bbbbbrrrrrrrrr

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Lt. JG

I'm not sure but I'm going to replace it just to be safe!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
Admiral

oh man....that's just crazy......sorry to hear that..

but the shop did reduce your bill for wear and tear!!..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Was it at a Marina repair lot?

Reminds me that I need to go down and check on my boat this weekend!

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #6

What day of the week/time of day were you at your boat? I'm wondering if the guy sneaks in after sunset and after hours then sneaks back out early in the am. There is always a few people in the boat yards and marinas that will stay on their boat while it's up on stands in the fall while getting the boar ready for winter and in the spring when getting the boat ready for summer. I've never been questioned doing it. I'd bet the people have seen the guy walking around and just assumed he had a boat there. I guess it depends on how many boats are in the yard.

If you think he's still there, head down at night and see if Goldie Locks is sleeping in your bed.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Default no longer a party place for the homless

The shop is not at a marina. It's in Woodbridge, on Occoquan Rd. I did go by at night and checked on the boat but never saw the guy. I've got the boat home now. I'm tossing the toilet, he used it and it's a mess. Thank god it's a port a potti. He did leave papers where he had been in the hospital for alcohol abuse and facial fractures from an assault. There was also papers from a second person for trespassing. I turned it over to the police and they said there was nothing they could do unless they saw him in the boat. The owner of the shop asked if there was anything he could do and they told him if he saw them on his property he could warm them that they were trespassing then if it happened again he could have them removed from the property and charged. I was told I could sue them for destruction of private property ( if I could find them to have a warrant served ). the owner of the shop was real good and when I paid the bill to pick up the boat he gave me $100 back for paying cash. And that was after reducing the bill for all the trouble.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
Lt. JG

Hey, that reminds me does any one need a car I've got one for sale to help pay for boat repairs.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bka56 View Post
Hey, that reminds me does any one need a car I've got one for sale to help pay for boat repairs.
Anyone been living in it?

Well, could have been worse I suppose. Still, would have made me nuts to know someone had been living on my boat. Good that all you had to do is pick up the trash and toss the potty. Nice, too, that the repair shop took measures to make things right(er).

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote